HELP! I need ideas for school lunches!

Options
Hi everyone! So glad to be here. My daughter and I both attend college and starting in August we both will need to start brown bagging our lunch. I would love to have some ideas for a healthy lunch for the both of us! Thank you all in advance for any and all ideas. Wishing you each lots of success!
teresa

Replies

• whitfieldtc
    Options
    Low fat homeprepared tuna or chicken salad with whole wheat triscuits, fresh veggies and fruit, low cal applesauce, or a wedge of lughing cow cheese with triscuits, progresso soups, a low sodium low cal low fat frozen dinner (yuck I just threw that one in) sandwhichesaregreat if the nitrates bother you get the deli meat fresh then pick and choose per packaging directions. I wasnt going to pack my lunch but you have inspired me so not only will i pack the kids lunches I will pack mine as well.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    cheese and deli meat rolled up in lettuce with mustard or mayo :D
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Leftovers are good and make a nice change from sandwiches and salads.
    So when Im cooking spaghetti or a casserole I buy extra ingredients (you have to be disciplined here and not buy too much but calculate the right amounts) and when I serve up the dinner I dish out 2 portions (one for my husband and one for me) into take away containers (that stops me piling more on my plate because its there in the pot!).
    Sometimes on a Sunday Ill put the slow cooker on and make soup or casserole and I will divide these up into containers and freeze them. These are great to grab and go out of the freezer on a week day and particularly good during winter time!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Couscous is good cold, with roasted peppers, as is pasta with pesto and if you want some meat you could add chicken. I also made a pizza roll the other day for work - get a tortilla wrap, put a spoonful of tomato purée, cover with cheddar and put on the microwave until the cheese is melted then roll up and refrigerate. Was lovely and made a nice change! I also made pinwheel pizzas yesterday which were really quick and freeze so make a really quick lunch. The recipe can be found on my food diary blog I'm keeping for March (it's a bit sparse at the moment as its only the 3rd but it might give you some ideas)... ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com
  • nicoled6842
    Options
    I really like hummus with veggies or corn chips. There are so many possibilities for hummus flavors and different veggies/chips you have lots of options so you won't get bored with it.