BORED with routine

Options
2 1/2 miles 4 days and 10 minute mile 2 days a week. Any suggestions on how I can switch it up and give it some more intensity or change? Thanks

Replies

• ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    try interval training, run a mile (or half mile or quarter mile, whatever works for you) then walk that, then run it, then walk it, and on and on. This also works with time intervals, run ten minutes, walk ten minutes.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting to just run or is that what's convenient? I personally like a variety of different workouts(today was resistance training, walking, stair climbing. Other days see me doing zumba@home, dancing like I'm clubbing, swimming, basic calesthenics (pushups, squats, leg lifts, jumping jacks, planking etc) Try cutting a day on the street or track n doing something completely different, finding something fun that will still let u feel the burn can be completely invigorating!

If you're strictly training running, I'd try the previously mentioned interval training a couple of days n see if that's enough of a mixer for ya.
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    try interval training, run a mile (or half mile or quarter mile, whatever works for you) then walk that, then run it, then walk it, and on and on. This also works with time intervals, run ten minutes, walk ten minutes.

Wouldnt that not really help the consistency? It's like training your body to not run it consistently
  • musicmint
    Options
    Are you wanting to just run or is that what's convenient? I personally like a variety of different workouts(today was resistance training, walking, stair climbing. Other days see me doing zumba@home, dancing like I'm clubbing, swimming, basic calesthenics (pushups, squats, leg lifts, jumping jacks, planking etc) Try cutting a day on the street or track n doing something completely different, finding something fun that will still let u feel the burn can be completely invigorating!

If you're strictly training running, I'd try the previously mentioned interval training a couple of days n see if that's enough of a mixer for ya.

Both. I like it and it is convenient....so maybe I should go for a swim some days to I guess
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    every minute of running do a burpee!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have Workout Trainer app on my phone!

It has a TON of cool workouts...and you can create your own!!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options

Wouldnt that not really help the consistency? It's like training your body to not run it consistently

you might be surprised at the difference interval training can make! If u feel that that would be too low for you try running at your normal pace then sprinting for x amount of time then back etc. plus it'd definitely be mixing it up. time your sprints n then you've added a challenge to your workout by seeing how you are improving or how you can push your body.
  • jessica3197
    jessica3197 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you have time, try longer distance running! You don't have to run very fast, and I for one am guilty of stopping and walking a bit, but just getting to see places you have never seen before can be just the change you need!
  • musicmint
    Options
    If you have time, try longer distance running! You don't have to run very fast, and I for one am guilty of stopping and walking a bit, but just getting to see places you have never seen before can be just the change you need!

cool thanks