6 pounds since July 9th 2012, I want to......

Options
Money2005
Money2005 Posts: 51 Member
I want to lose a total of 45-50 pounds by December 9th 2012. I am working out on an elliptical for 15 minutes and cycling for 15 minutes a day for a total of 30 minutes plus eating clean and 1200-1300 calories a day. I currently weight 208 pounds. Do you have ANY advice for me to reach my goal?

Replies

• jessica3197
    jessica3197 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it just helps to get outside(: Going for runs, cycling, or even going for long walks with friends! Anything works! And for me, being outside keeps me from stuffing my face back at home... Hope this helps, it's sure helped me!
  • TurkieFacie
    Options
    I would say you have to allow yourself a tiny portion of your favorite treat. Mine is dark chocolate, and by having one square every day I think I've been able to stop my crazy dessert binges. Also, measure everything! My weight has changed up and down, but my measurements all around have gone down - and thats what other people will see the most. Stay motivated and don't forget to treat yourself for all the good work!
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Above all, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You might want to think about working to increase the amount of cardio you do. Maybe take a walk at night after dinner. I find if I want to get some serious calories burned, cyclung works the best. But, its also important to change up the exercise so your body doesn't get use to one thing and you don't get board. Are you doing any weight lifting? You may want to consider adding some in . If your new to lifting weights, just start out light and build up. What is happing on December 9th? :)
  • Money2005
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice! December 9th will be my 5 month anniversary for eating clean and exercising! Its just a date I set... I don't want to spend another year under the "obese" or "over weight" column . Thanks again!!
  • Money2005
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!! I will take it!!
  • Money2005
    Options
    Yes that helps! Thank you
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    maybe workout a little more everyday, or increase the intensity of your workouts
  • Money2005
    Options
    Thanks! Im going to increase my cardio and pick up weights
  • Rmfowler1990
    Rmfowler1990 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision to change your life style!
    Here are a few things that have helped me so far.

Record calories for your food BEFORE you eat (this helps me from binging or "forgetting" to record my food, it also helps me see a fuller picture of what I should eat based on my day's log).

Record you exercises AFTER you exercise. It's my motivation to keep going during my workout, I'd rather record 20 minutes compared to 17 minutes or what have you.

Surround yourself with SUPPORTIVE people. And IGNORE all unsupportive people (their probably jealous of your commitment anyhow).

Good luck! Use the boards for everything! It's an excellent resource.
  • Money2005
    Options
    Thank you so much!! Good suggestions/ideas.... Im definitely going to log me foods first now!!!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    1050 calories/day below TDEE should make it happen (ie 40 more lbs in 19 weeks) . Lower your intake and/or increase your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)

Be sure to recalculate your BMR as you are losing because it will decrease (not having that weight on you is less work) .
  • Money2005
    Options
    Thank you!! I will check my BMR
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good for you Money!! And welcome. I wanted to say that I was 202 when I started this (November 2011) and by March I was down to 162. I got busy and let things slide and got back to 179, but already down to 173, and looking forward to a goal of 150 eventually.

I'm giving these details because i'll bet some of your goals are similar. I'm 5'10 and I find some weeks the weight comes off nicely, some weeks it doesn't. But when I'm consistent (and honest) about logging it REALLY works!!

CONGRATULATIONS on that 6 lb loss!!! Over half way to the first 10!!!!!

I hope that THIS encourages you -
    You can do it in that time, and if you don't make it you'll be WAY closer than you are now. I feel so much better shopping in regular stores, and wearing my size 10 and 12s rather than my 16's (i stopped shopping after that). My mental health is better. My relationship is better. I felt like I was happier at my job, with my kids, EVERYTHING! Welcome to the new you!!
  • Money2005
    Options
    wow!! Thank you so much!