Body Bugg/Body Media Fit vs. Chest strap monitor

Options
HI All!
I am in the market for a Body Media Fit or Body Bugg monitor to replace my chest strap heart rate monitor. The chest strap one is so uncomfortable on me and seems to restrict my breathing, no matter how loose I adjust it.

I wondered if any of you have used either and what pros and cons you have on them. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

:)

Happy fitness!

Replies

• dfisher88
    dfisher88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use to us a Polar chest strap monitor but it started really bugging me under my bra strap in the front. I found that I could wear it for about an hour maybe slightly longer but then it actually started chaffing me. The body bugg has been great and I really like it. My only complaint about it is that it isn't water proof like the Polar. I was able to wear the body bugg all day (24hrs) to see exactly what I was burning in a day.

Good Luck!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have worn the body media for years now and just love it. I have the heart rate monitor with strap too, but I found it very uncomfortable and I wear the body media 24 hours a day (less showers etc) Totally recommend it!
  • MNPierce80
    MNPierce80 Posts: 21
    Options
    I use fit bit now, I have used a body bugg in the past and I loved it, however the online subscription isn't free. So in order to check your progress your daily burn and other things you have to pay. The body bugg is also ugly for a woman, especially this time of year when most of your clothes are sleeveless. My HRM is timex and it's not uncomfortable to me, but I have a lot of cushion. I really like the fit bit that I'm using now
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    So, are both the Body Bugg and Body Media NOT submersible for swimming? If not, that is silly! I need it to be :)
  • MNPierce80
    MNPierce80 Posts: 21
    Options
    the body bugg is not water proof, but I have found it to be the most accurate, just not willing to pay the monthly fee.
  • fitwithchelle
    Options
    I cannot vouch for Body Media Fit as I do not have one. But I've been using my BodyBugg since 2009 and absolutely LOVE it. I find it's very accurate for me.
  • BodyMedia
    Options
    Hi,

Happy fitness to you too!

If you are looking for something more comfortable than a chest strap, you should find that our BodyMedia FIT armband is a less conspicuous and more comfortable than the strap. Just adjust the band so that you can fit two fingers under it, it is designed for all day, every day wear. Also, since we collect 5000 data points a minute from your body, our algorithms have been validated in multiple clinical studies and it’s been proven that BodyMedia is the most accurate device on the market for measuring calorie burn. Because BodyMedia uses 4 sensors, not just one like other devices, we proudly can claim we are the most accurate device on the market (or check out our own comparison research http://www.bodymedia.com/Products/Learn-More/Compare).

Hope this helps!

- Nic (nwilson@bodymedia.com)