Tired and Lightheaded... Advice Plz?

Options
Hey guys. I hate asking but...

I took a month or so off of myfitnesspal, but the whole time I was "pigging out" I was feeling sick. Sick as in lightheaded and completely out of energy all the time. Now since I have been logging in again I have been feeling a little better, but am still groggy and slightly lightheaded. Even though I am always feeling full I have been having a really hard time eating the 1200 calories.

I have had to go to the doctors before for not getting enough calcium though the side effects were not like this. So I have that in my food journal and try to meet it every day so its not that.

Do you guys have any advice on what I can do to help this and feel better?

Edit: alot of people are saying to much water. But drinking water is something else I struggle with doing. :/

Replies

• SJHughes09
    Options
    Have you noticed being really thirsty and having to urinate a lot? If so, go get checked for diabetes. It's a simple test, but it can really make a difference if you have it
  • dkpk1965
    dkpk1965 Posts: 17
    Options
    you could be drinking to much water. to much water can wash out electrolites. this sounds strange, but when i feel like that i eat a candy bar to increase my sugar level. if it continues talk with your doctor.
  • CookieRehab
    CookieRehab Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No I haven't noticed that at all. Also none in my family has had it. -.o
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    maybe choose high protein foods and eat evrey 3-4 hours.
    (it helps me anyway- so that's all I know to suggest. I have hypoglycemia and need proteins and a steady flow of glucose (instead 'no sugars most the day then WHAM my daily amount in 1 meal' I have to make them more evenly spread)
  • Officialas
    Officialas Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think definitely take into consideration what @SJHughes09 has stated, as well as getting a FULL blood test check up!
    Better to be checked sooner, rather than later, ey? :) Good luck, love!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Are you saying you're having a hard time eating the full 1200 and are eating less? If so there's your problem, you need AT LEAST 1200.

That being said 1200 is still too low for most people. Especially those who are activate (even outside the gym, on your feet a lot at work, doing physical labor, chasing after kids, doing a lot of house work etc) and especially if you exercise often. I upped my calories to 1350 but some days I find I need 1500. 1200 I can do on days when I'm just sitting around watching TV or resting, which is basically what my body burns doing just that so it makes sense

If you're feeling light headed and tired your body is telling you it isn't getting enough energy even if you feel full. I'd up your calories to 1350 and see how you feel at that. My calorie are at 1350, I upped them from 1200 for similar reasons and I've actually LOST weight since doing so, so it's good for that as well.

If you mean the former, and you're having a difficult time eating 1200 calories it's an extremely easy fix, more snacks thorough out the day- nuts, nutbutters (ie peanut butter), protein shakes, granola bars, protein bars...etc. Bigger meals that include lean meats like chicken and some veggies and maybe even a starch like a baked potato or brown rice... it's extremely easy to meet your 1200 calorie goal.

Anyways you should probably see a doctor jus to be safe. You could have low iron or low blood sugar. Have you cut out read meat?
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest upping your calories. It's possible you're not getting enough energy, which is why you're tired, or enough nutrients, which is why you're lightheaded.
    I can't tell what you're eating now since your diary is closed, but to up your calories without feeling fuller, try eating more calorically dense foods, like peanut butter, avocados, granola, and cheese. Also, eat a well balanced diet to help you get all of your essential nutrients in.
  • CookieRehab
    Options
    @someoneSomepl I do not eat any meats -.o.

@jaymek92 more aavocados and peanut butter do sound good.
  • Lizmcg83
    Lizmcg83 Posts: 32
    Options
    I suffered from that feeling before and my iron levels were low. Had to take tablets for six months and I felt better. Go get a blood test done to check all your levels. Otherwise I find since I have upped my protein intake I have tons more energy, feel full for longer and just feel in better health in general. You should see a dr though.
  • KSMITHOTTAWA
    Options
    why did you take the month off and did your Dr check your hemoglobin and hematicrit These tests are about why low iron would make you feel that way.
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I agree!!!!
  • CookieRehab
    Options
    I took a month off because of stress :/ Work and personal life
  • mochaphobic
    mochaphobic Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Another thought, more about the feeling full than anything else... try to make notes on when you feel the fullest and if those full feelings are accompanied with gas or bloating or any kind of intestinal issues. If so, you could be suffering from a food allergy and it's giving you just enough problems to not feel well. Also, if you recently switched to eating broccoli, califlower and other gas producing foods or high fiber breads/fitness drinks, etc. you could be feeling extra full from the fiber they have.