rude ppl

Options
let me share...My husband and I were at a restaurant the other day, my husband was talking to this guy that he used to work with. Suddenly this tiny girl/woman came walking (very fast pace) up to my husband, talking to the other guy "is this someone you know?", introduced herself shaking my husband's hand (big smile). My husband then said "this is my wife...", she took a good 4-5 seconds to look my body up and down, not my face and said "uh oh" gave a snotty look to side and started walking away. I was in shock! What a RUDE PERSON! We just left, I looked at my step son and husband in disbelief. We all could not believe her. I have let this bother me for days. We have even been in fights over, why he did'nt defend me, I think we were in shock! I wish I would have said something to her for being so rude. I was feeling so good for using mfp and she just took me down with one look! But I stayed on plan! (of course he talked about how stupid she was...but that didnt really make me feel better)

Replies

• missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    you really cant let others dictate how YOU feel about YOURSELF.
  • Anon4678
    Anon4678 Posts: 37
    Options
    People suck, and I'm sorry you had to deal with that. The good news is, you'll probably never see her again. And if you do, you can just smile nice and wide right back at her and let her know she didn't phase you one bit.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    #1, I'm glad this wasn't another rant about how rude people are to others on MFP.

#2, What a b!tch! I'm kind of a "two can play that game" chick, so I'd get her back somehow.

..But that's just me.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

Where exactly did she say this made her change her view toward herself?! I think she's just couldn't believe the gall of this chick, I woulda been blown away too! Some people are just jerks, you can't do much but feel sorry for people like that.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    That is just absolutely awful. I'll bet you $50 bucks that girl is not thinking about you. Stop thinking about her and focus on your beautiful children.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    this..

no one can make you feel what you arent willing to feel. yes it was rude but girl you're emotional well being is your responsibility, not other people's especially not a strangers.

and if i saw her again i'd call her out on it and ask why she was so rude. but if you dont see her again, just forget it
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    *kitten* happens. Move on.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she walked away before hubby really had a chance to react. I wouldn't be too hard on him. Plus he probably realized some chicks just like stupid drama and she wasn't worth his time or yours.
  • HappyHealthyChic
    Options
    *kitten* happens. Move on.

THIS! Lol really who cares? People are horrible sometimes, just ignore it and move on.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    That is just absolutely awful. I'll bet you $50 bucks that girl is not thinking about you. Stop thinking about her and focus on your beautiful children.

^ This!!! Don't give her the power or the victory, she got to you but don't you dare let her see that. In all honesty, getting back at her isn't the answer, showing her that her opinion doesn't matter is actually better. One day she'll get what she deserves, Karma is a b!tch!!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Screw her, you're gorgeous.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    What?! Ugh. That's... jeez, people. People are ridiculous. Man.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    It makes some people feel happy to make others feel miserable. Don't let her get the best of you.
  • mrschastain
    Options
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    That is really rude, but try and not let it continue to upset you. You don't know her well enough to care about her opinion and she clearly doesn't know you. Don't let someone have that much power over you.

In situations like this I try and remember a quote that I've heard numerous times but is very fitting:
    “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    She probably treats everyone like that. Don't waste your time thinking about her.
  • louised88
    louised88 Posts: 159
    Options
    this..

no one can make you feel what you arent willing to feel. yes it was rude but girl you're emotional well being is your responsibility, not other people's especially not a strangers.

and if i saw her again i'd call her out on it and ask why she was so rude. but if you dont see her again, just forget it

I do not understand this attitude. If someone says/does something offensive, they and not me are the reason that I feel offended. It's victim-blaming to shift all responsibility on to the victim. Why is the onus not on people to not act in a rude/hurtful manner? We do not exist in a vacuum and our actions and words can and do affect others. Ignoring that and claiming that people should just brush offensive and hurtful actions off, or implying that feeling hurt if someone behaves in a hurtful manner is some sort of weakness on their part is not helpful or useful.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    We have even been in fights over, why he did'nt defend me, I think we were in shock! I wish I would have said something to her for being so rude.
    What was he supposed to do, chase her down? You didn't defend yourself but you're fighting with him over it?