HELP...how do I avoid flabby arms?

Options
I'm 25, 225lbs, 5'3."

My arms have always been my week point, even when I was very thin. I plan on losing anywhere between another 90-100 pounds and am very nervous about the extra flab that's going to be left behind... I can't afford the surgery to deal with the excess skin and I really don't want the scars either. Any tips on how to tone my arms and keep the flab/excess skin at bay? I've seen it happen before on shows like the biggest loser (most of the time when they're throwing their arms up, the excess skin is all I see...but once in a great while, it's all toned)...so i know it's possible!

i don't want to bulk up too much, but I'd rather be muscular than flabby.

thanks for any tips!!

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    just lose weight and exercise like normal. dont worry about something that might not ever even become a problem
  • Jasmineb333
    Options
    Incorporating strength training will help with extra skin from weight loss. It wont happen over night, so dont give up. And dont worry, you wont bulk up. Strength training adds lean muscle to women. We dont gain muscle mass like men because we dont have the testosterone they have. The bodybuilding women you may see are like that from taking synthetic testosterone supps (steroids).
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    You could try wearing compression sleeves while losing the weight. They are normally used after plastic surgery to help tighten the skin, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for regular weight loss, too.

http://nouvelleinc.com/compressionsleeves.aspx
  • EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. I suggest heavy ones. Women don't have the levels of testosterone needed to get "bulky" without using steroids. So you will build dense muscle that will make you look athletic, but not manly.