lost 70# with pic :)

Options
justjenn1977
justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
me.jpg
start weight 340 current weight 269 goal weight 150ish

it has taken me a LONG time... almost 8 years... but I have spent a lot of that losing a little then maintaining for a while... then losing and maintaining... and I think this is becoming a lifestyle change... I am much healthier... and much more active... I bike/hike/walk almost 100 miles a month now... I am no longer diabetic... ... durring this time I left my husband... went back to school... got a job... lost a job... was unemployed for six months... got a new job... had SERIOUS family issues that resulted in us going to 12 therapy appointments a week... found out my youngest has autism... and on and on and on and on... all of those things were ALL issues that in the past I would have gained 30# because I am a VERY emotional eater...

basically to make a long story short... I think I can stick with this... and if it takes me another 8 years to get the rest off I am ok with that as long as my general trend is down... and my exercise stays up.. I mountain climb... and spelunk... and go on 50+ mile bike rides! when I started walking 1500 steps was HARD!!!

my advice...

babysteps - make SMALL changes one at a time...
eat less move more
have FUN!
don't compare yourself to 20 years ago... compare yourself to yesterday
no matter how slow you go... you still run laps around those on the couch

hugs all :)

Replies

• justjenn1977
    Options
    ok so the url didn't work?
  • justjenn1977
    Options
    sorry
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Great advice! And nice work on your weight loss xxx
  • justjenn1977
    Options
    Great advice! And nice work on your weight loss xxx

can you see the photo? I can't figure out how to make it work

edit: YAY! I figured it out!!

• roguestates
    roguestates Posts: 223
    Options
    Holy crap you've had a rough year! Congrats on the weightloss and positive life changes :)
  • MillysMission
    MillysMission Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Check you out - well done!!!
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can see the pic - great job, you should be proud of yourself =D
  • justjenn1977
    Options
    Holy crap you've had a rough year! Congrats on the weightloss and positive life changes :)

it's been a rough decade! but things are looking up :)

thanks everyone!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    You've done amazingly, and like you say, it's a lifestyle change, and goodness what a lifestyle change you've gone through!
  • Jumeka
    Jumeka Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    thats a great job very well done, you can see you a shrunken image of yourself. Well done as a lady who takes years to lose a stone you have my admiration
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, well done on sticking with it, that's definitely the main thing, it's good to be reminded that patience has it's own rewards, and here's to your continuing success! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • justjenn1977
    Options
    thats a great job very well done, you can see you a shrunken image of yourself. Well done as a lady who takes years to lose a stone you have my admiration

the funny thing is... when I look in the mirror... I still "see" the before pic... I don't see myself as fit...

and when I am hiking and struggling... even though I am doing a zillion percent better than I was... I still "feel" like the before pic...

that's not to say that before I couldn't walk 1/4 mile... and now it is nothing to go on a 30 mile weekend hike... or a 70 mile mike ride when I started I could barely ride a mile... and we are planning a 160 mile bicycle trip next month... but when I am struggling to finish... I still FEEL like I looked before!
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    Totally awesome job!! you are looking fan-freaking-tastic!! That's why you have to make it a life style change because in life things happen good and bad and we have to learn not to always turn to food for comfort in those good and bad times. You are great!
  • mjpra
    mjpra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring and motivational. Thank you :)
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You should be really proud of yourself! Your weight loss is fantastic but apart from that - you have had so much to cope with and yet you have come through it all as a strong, proud lady .... hold your head up- look yourself in the eye and say 'Girl you done good - and whats more you are looking good too!' :wink: ... and start believing it!!!
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    Well done!! You should be very proud of yourself, You are very inspiring to myself and others on this site!! Congratulations xx
  • ali117
    ali117 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow u are an amazing woman with amazing strength. I am so
    Proud of you and your achevements. Keep up the good work and stay strong.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    WOW! that is all i can say is WOW~
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!