I need help

Options
I really need to know how to count the calories. I do the excerise and I don't know what to do with the calories. I am lost can someone please help me.....

Replies

• GiGi_FIERCE
    Options
    I do not know too much, here.

I check the calories on the Serving Size listed on the ingredients label. That is the clincher. Find out what the Serving Size is for what you happen to be enjoying at the time. That has helped me a ton :]

If you need inspirational ladies, I like reading through this:

http://oxygenmag.com/Fat-Loss/Articles.aspx?category=Success-Stories
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options
    You want to know how to count calories when you work out, right? Counting calories is pretty simple for food and drinks, if you stay on it and be truthful. Working out, it depends. If you are at a gym, the equipment is sophisticated enough to track ht, wt, age, and heart rate. The faster your heart is beating, the more calories you burn because the more energy is needed to keep your body cool. If you are out on the country side, running 5 miles, you may want to get a pedometer, and research via the internet the amount of average calories burned for your weight class. Do not totally trust the amount on the website here, or any one specific website. It is different for everyone. I am a cyclist, and I have a cyclometer that measures calories. But It does not measure the weight of my bike, nor pedal speed or wind resistance. I could be gliding down a hill for 5 miles, and It would say I burned 170 calories, even though my feet werent moving at all. So, do your research, and push yourself. If you cant get a precise number, then estimate, but estimate lower. If you are wrong and counted less than you actually burned, what is the harm in that? But what if you overestimated calories burned?

The workout log will ask what you did. search the database, and click on the appropriate one. It will then give you a calorie counter. It is asking in MINUTES, not distance, how far you went. put that in. Be accurate----if you walked 40 minutes and ran 20 minutes, keep track of that. dont just say you ran for an hour. It will be inaccurate, and all your numbers will be off for the day. Ask around if the people that do activities where you have to manage the calories burned if the count is accurate by this site. The expert exercisers will chime in, and they are plentiful on here.

As far as food, just look at the nutrition facts, and measure measure measure! you dont want to say you used 2 tbsp of oil when you really used 6.5 (although you never really consume the whole amount you cook with). I wish you luck.....I am learning as I go, and am just pushing myself farther and farther. You do the same!
  • krystymc
    krystymc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i'm really appreciating the food and exercise tracker available on the site. most exercises and every bit of food i have eaten so far since joining has been able to be tracked. it's telling me what i burned and what i gained or just ate. with the trackers on this site, i haven't had to calculate any calories on my own. maybe if someone is doing something unique or eating something really different, it might be harder.
  • Gaubelau
    Gaubelau Posts: 24
    Options
    Hello
    When I started here, I was lost too. Now, I just plan my meals. An hour at the gym is roughly500 cal for me. I log food every time I eat and at the end of the day, see what I have left. I log the dinner, if it s over, I change it for something else... when I know, I ll have a big meal, I either go the gym or plan around it to save calories... It gets trickier if you change your matrix. But the same principle applies. Plan your food and day :-)
    Hope this helps. Feel free to add me
  • kym733
    kym733 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This site has a tool where you can enter recipes (by ingredients and servings) and it will give you the calories, carbs and fiber. I use this to track my carbs, I try to stay around 70-100 minus the fiber. It is working well.