Okay. I need some suggestions. Wedding in 4 weeks

Options
alleycat88
alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
I am on day 5 Lvl 1 of 30DS, in addition I do anywhere from 20-30 minutes on the bike right after, and do some extra abs if I feel like it. I am eating healthy, cut out alcool etc. I also found the perfect dress.

http://www.asos.com//Asos/Asos-Peplum-Dress-With-Plunge-Neck/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2180724

got it in blue.

So I have been working out, eating right and the weight is steadily going down. YAY!

BUT, any suggestions for the week of the wedding to maybe slim off some extra cals? I considered doing my semi-annual "cleanse" and doing a 36-48 hour water fast earlier in the week(mon&tues), and then follow up by eating raw fruits and veggies until friday. Just to shred an extra lb or two.

I know it's not super healthy, but I am losing weight the healthy way, just wanna make sure I look BANGING for the wedding.

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I though this was your wedding, but reading your message again - you're going to someone else's wedding?

Either way, I don't recommend extreme measures just before a special event - the last few days aren't going to make a significant difference to how you look and no one but you will notice anyway.

It sounds as though you have some great eating and exercise habits - keep those up and you'll feel great.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Yeah. The extra pound or two won't make a visible difference. Better to just continue doing what you're doing.
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Go get the best foundation undergarments that you can afford. That alone can make more difference than 10 pounds.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    a blue wedding dress ... are you the bride?
    EDIT: love the dress.. you’re clearly not the bride tho .. unless its some kinda statement wedding
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else, that extra lb really is not noticable to anyone but yourself, so you will look banging regardless :)
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 Lvl 1 of 30DS, in addition I do anywhere from 20-30 minutes on the bike right after, and do some extra abs if I feel like it. I am eating healthy, cut out alcool etc. I also found the perfect dress.

http://www.asos.com//Asos/Asos-Peplum-Dress-With-Plunge-Neck/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2180724

got it in blue.

So I have been working out, eating right and the weight is steadily going down. YAY!

BUT, any suggestions for the week of the wedding to maybe slim off some extra cals? I considered doing my semi-annual "cleanse" and doing a 36-48 hour water fast earlier in the week(mon&tues), and then follow up by eating raw fruits and veggies until friday. Just to shred an extra lb or two.

I know it's not super healthy, but I am losing weight the healthy way, just wanna make sure I look BANGING for the wedding.

banging? you're already there honey... :love:

advice from a married fella, if the wedding/reception is fun/party like time...then when it comes to the night, you both will be to tired to do anything..lol

When we got married, we had a crazy insane wedding, got to our hotel at 2AM then our flight to hawaii (from NJ) started at 5AM...we were beat..but hey that is what the honeymoon is for... :smokin:

looking at your pics...you're good to go...just enjoy the wedding and have a great time! congrats
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    if you work out every day now, then the best you can do is to stop working out a week before
    (limit yourself to only walking, swimming, really low/moderate effort)

the muscles that now are sore will relax and release water,
    that will make you drop 2lbs easily + get rid of fake "bulk" from water in the muscles

sleep plenty, so your skin looks great, eat right - light meals so you can have flat stomach the day before.

that's the best you can do IMO
  • alleycat88
    Options
    Yeah it's not my wedding :laugh:

It's a friend's wedding and a lot of people that haven't seen me since I first started losing will be there.

As for the undergarments. great idea.. my SO will probably comment on me wearing spanx, but who cares? lol
  • MellowGa
    Options
    ok I think the dress is ok, I little to conservative for my taste, I'm a big fan of halter dresses, what can I say I am a sucker for hot babes in plunging necklines
  • alleycat88
    Options
    Mellow, you sound like my best guy friend :laugh:

It's a little on the conservative side because it's going to be held at st louis cathedral in New Orleans, and lot's of military men in attendance. trying to keep it a bit on the sexy classy side. :wink:
  • MellowGa
    Options
    I was in the military as well, low neck plunge it is...lol But I can understand the classy part, my wife says the same thing, that whole class thing...hmpf :grumble:

Actually anything you pick will be fine, Just be confident, and Smile, smile and a smile....and laugh at guys stupid jokes, well because we are idiots.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The dress looks lovely.

I'd agree with the spanx suggestion, and just avoid anything that makes you bloat in the days before the wedding. For me that would breads, and lots of sugars (yes, even from fruit!). But your body might have different bloat-inducers.
  • alleycat88
    Options
    BUMP

Bump_BushCadet_ChestBump.jpg

Looking at spanx online, and I will have to go try some on at a store before that. Idon't wanna spend more money on the underwear than I did the dress. LOL!
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    My suggestion is Don't Do It!!!
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'd just flush out any extra water weight by eating very clean (minimal sodium) and drinking lots of water. I find this makes me look less puffy.
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    PS If you do the fast it'll just mean you won't enjoy the wedding as you'll feel weak and probably get too drunk. Ie the fast will just back fire against you.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Anything extreme will leave you feeling like crap, and just make you lose water weight that will come back on the second you toast the bride.

Keep doing what you're doing. That dress is adorable!
  • SherriLibrarian
    Options
    You could cut back a little on the carbs (at least the unhealthy ones) and sodium, but nothing too extreme as others here have said. I always feel better if I do Pilates that works on my core. You also could add some more intense cardio to your workout.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Honestly? Go get the best foundation undergarments that you can afford. That alone can make more difference than 10 pounds.

I agree. Why starve yourself?
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    The 24 day challenge!!!! Average person loses between 10 and 20lbs, its healthy, safe, and the best thing I've ever done!!!! Send me a message!