Progress pic (pls give advice on how to make calves smaller)

Options
Hello,

This is my progress so far.. I did this by eating healthier food (although I still eat potato chips or chocolates on cheat days but I've already sworn off softdrinks) and working out (swimming, badminton, 30 day shred).

2mts_a-1.jpg

I don't know if you can tell the difference (sometimes its frustrating to think about how far I still have to go :sad: ) but I've lost 6 inches on my thighs, 1.5 inches on my arms, 2 inches on my stomach, and no changes on my calves. Can somebody please suggest something so I can make my calves a bit smaller?

Thank you!

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can do to actually make them smaller i'm afraid...they may reduce gradually over time in line with your reducing weight.

Well done on the weight loss so far.
  • redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Excellent effort so far - well done and keep up the good work
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    They will shrink and form to fit once you near your goal weight. Keep on that cardio and don't lose sight!

Although there's nothing you can do to make them immediately smaller, you'll look perfect once you reach the finish line.
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If you're anything like me, you may just have naturally big calves (what I jokingly call my 'man-calves', which is actually wrong, because most men look better in a pair of stockings than I do!).

My issue is that my calves are super-muscular - there's actually very little fat on them, so they're not going to get smaller until the whole rest of me has gotten significantly smaller!
  • Killing_Perfection
    Killing_Perfection Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm sad to say that there is no way to specifically make your calves smaller except for surgery. If your genetic disposition is to have fat stored at the calves then there's nothing you can do but reduce your body fat in general and hope the calves will slowly follow. It's mean, but that's the way it is.

(I, for example, have very slender calves and almost fragile lower arms, but I don't have much of a waist because my body decided to store everything around my stomach area and upper torso.... except for my boobs, of course :noway: )
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    Your calves look thinner to me!! You look amazing! Keep up the good work :-)
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    It's possible you may just have naturally large calves. But you will probably find they'll get smaller as your weight goes down further.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My calves are quite big, but over 18 months they have got smaller, but only by just over an inch. They've always been quite muscular, but I do like their shape. I managed to get a pair of knee high boots the other week!

So, just keep at it, it takes time!

I just found some pics.

This is from Summer 2011, when my 2nd baby was a few weeks old, and i put on a LOT of weight during pregnancy, and she was 12 days late too! :
    big_calves_2011.jpg
    online photo storage

and this is a few weeks ago, in my knee high boots. I'd had a bit to drink.....

calves.jpg
    photo sharing sites