Today is the day - I REACHED MY GOAL WEIGHT! (w/pics!)

Options
IRun4Me_12
IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
I joined MFP on January 11, 2012. This is me about 2 weeks prior to joining. I am assuming my weight was around 200 lbs. My official starting weight on MFP was 197.

IMG_3574.jpg

And this is me today - 37 pounds lighter. I attribute my weight loss to my running, and of course, my eating. I did C25K, and also used our Total Gym here and there. I tried to make healthier choices when it came to food. I drank tons of water. I did not deprive myself of ANYTHING. If I wanted to eat it, I did, just in moderation.

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

FACE COMPARISON:

Before:
Untitled-4.jpg

After:
Untitled-1.jpg

Stats (I'm 5'3"):

January 2012:
Weight: 197
Waist: 40
Hips: 46
Clothing Size: 14/16 Bottoms, XL Shirts

July 2012:
Weight: 160
Waist: 34.5
Hips: 41
Clothing Size: 8/10 Bottoms, M Shirts

I have never been this small my entire adult life. I am loving the way that I look and feel, and I never want to go back to the girl I was before. I love that I have made myself a priority, and I enjoy getting out and being active as a part of my regular day. I ran my first 5k last weekend, and it feels so good to have accomplished BOTH of the goals that I set for myself.

I'm not finished yet :) I think I want to see what 150 looks on me. I plan to start strength training in the coming weeks.

For those of you just beginning your journey, or those of you who are ready to give up - DON'T!!! You CAN do it!!

Replies

• erinschr
    erinschr Posts: 26
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal weight, you look amazing!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, very inspiring! You look wonderful!
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    Congratulations, you are an inspiration to people like myself who are just starting out on their weight loss journey xx
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great! I'm so excited for you. :) Great Job!:drinker:
  • Pollenpath
    Options
    Wow - congratulations! You look great and sounds like you did it all the right way! Thank you for the encouragement!
  • coconuty
    coconuty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I started today and this was a great motivator.
  • andiepandy69
    andiepandy69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look amazing well done :0 love the pictures xxx
  • aiwich
    aiwich Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    congrats! you loooooook fabulous! and you are glowing!!! try 150-s they might just look perfect on you :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • emkohler77
    emkohler77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are a real inspiration and I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work, and keep it healthy... I really needed a boost this morning and you've done that for me. I think I get really impatient, I need to work on that.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Well done. I'm also 5'3 so 160 looks like a good place to start :) (My goal at the mo is 140)
  • Susanxxxx
    Susanxxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well done. Amazing work :D
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Fantastic! You look great and must feel amazing!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!
  • wannabe2000
    Options
    you look very nice! good job!
  • pitlvr2x
    pitlvr2x Posts: 17
    Options
    You look beautiful and GREAT JOB!!
  • ASH0424
    ASH0424 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Way to go that is awesome!
  • cheyenuff
    cheyenuff Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment! Keep up the good work!
  • mckaret
    mckaret Posts: 16
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • scrapper3131
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!