Feeling bloated

Options
Hey! Recently, I have been experiencing bloatness around my tummy and this happens even when I am hungry. It kills my appetite and I could not enjoy food as much as I used too. I am eating sufficient calories along with water, and i can vouch that my bloatness wasnt the result of over consumption of water. I feel that there are a lot of air and water in my body. Can anyone give me any advice, preferably food to eat/not eat?

Replies

• Officialas
    Officialas Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Have you been having regular bowel movements? Perhaps this could be the issue? If so you may need to up your daily dietary fiber intake (should be having at least 25g of fiber daily) as this could be causing the bloating problem :) Other than that I wouldn't know 100% what else is could possibly be, sorry for the minimal help :(
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If I consume even a small portion of beans I get bloated. And if I eat too much grains in a single day, I will get bloated.
  • Huiminlovesfood
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I am not having bowel problems ( I **** everyday ) and I didn't consume too much grains. What's wrong with me? I don't think my period is due soon too! Any food recommendations that can make me fart?
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I first started trying to eat healthy. I went from eating processed crap all day long, to eating tons of fruit and veggies, and no garbage food. After a week or so, my body adjusted, but I felt afwul in between.

Have there been major changes in your diet lately?
  • Huiminlovesfood
    Options
    This happened to me when I first started trying to eat healthy. I went from eating processed crap all day long, to eating tons of fruit and veggies, and no garbage food. After a week or so, my body adjusted, but I felt afwul in between.

Have there been major changes in your diet lately?
    there hasn't been much changes in my diet lately, and I eat healthy. I just feel that there is lots of water and air in me. I know the diet for water retention, but is not very sure about the food that can help release my gas. Thanks for your advice!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    sometimes too much protien will do that
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I am not having bowel problems ( I **** everyday ) and I didn't consume too much grains. What's wrong with me? I don't think my period is due soon too! Any food recommendations that can make me fart?

Our gastroenterologist has repeatedly told my family that too much in the way of cheese (or dairy in general, for some) or things made with white flour will most certainly bring on the mighty roar of the barking spider. I've been wheat free for more than a decade, but my family eats crackers, breads, and other things made with white flour, to the point of excess and well, there's a den of barking spiders that frequent all family gatherings. And those suckers are LOUD and rumbly.

As far as helping quell mighty roar of the barking spider? Sometimes things like fennel tea or ginger tea help, since they aid in digestion. Just check with your local health food store practitioner to make sure there are no contraindications (with things like medicines or if you think you're pregnant.) Even regular herbal teas (chamomile, if you're not allergic) might help because of the warm water.

Additionally, if you're logging what you eat already, keep note of when your tummy is the most bloated. Use the "food notes"at the bottom of your food diary if you want. See if you can identify a trend. I went wheat-free when I noticed that I looked preggers somewhere between 1-3 hours after eating a whole bagel or a slice of pizza. So, maybe you're having a delayed reaction to something you're eating. (Please don't read this as a "don't eat wheat" thread, since that might not be your issue. Lots of things can disagree with your belly...)

Be well!
  • Huiminlovesfood
    Options

Our gastroenterologist has repeatedly told my family that too much in the way of cheese (or dairy in general, for some) or things made with white flour will most certainly bring on the mighty roar of the barking spider. I've been wheat free for more than a decade, but my family eats crackers, breads, and other things made with white flour, to the point of excess and well, there's a den of barking spiders that frequent all family gatherings. And those suckers are LOUD and rumbly.

As far as helping quell mighty roar of the barking spider? Sometimes things like fennel tea or ginger tea help, since they aid in digestion. Just check with your local health food store practitioner to make sure there are no contraindications (with things like medicines or if you think you're pregnant.) Even regular herbal teas (chamomile, if you're not allergic) might help because of the warm water.

Additionally, if you're logging what you eat already, keep note of when your tummy is the most bloated. Use the "food notes"at the bottom of your food diary if you want. See if you can identify a trend. I went wheat-free when I noticed that I looked preggers somewhere between 1-3 hours after eating a whole bagel or a slice of pizza. So, maybe you're having a delayed reaction to something you're eating. (Please don't read this as a "don't eat wheat" thread, since that might not be your issue. Lots of things can disagree with your belly...)

Be well!
    Thanks for your advice! Come to think of it,I have not been consuming much diary these threes days, and it might be why my barking spiders have not been making a din! Carbohydrates are definitely not my best friend, and I will Cut down my amount tomorrow. Your suggestions of herbal tea sounds great too! I will try them out. Thanks!