Newbie Here

Options
jonwv
jonwv Posts: 362 Member
Hello All,
I am Jonathan. I just found this site while surfing the web at work. I am starting a new journey in my life. I started P90X two days in now. It is very intense especially for a heavy guy like myself but I am doing it. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. Cool site.

Replies

• angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It works really well if you stick with it!!! I don't usually do good with things like this but have been on here for a long time and I love it! Feel free to add me! :)
  • jonwv
    Options
    Thank you, Ahh i will stick with it. its the whole getting into the habit thing that is so hard
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I have found this tool to be a great motivator and reminder. Feel free to add me and I would be glad to give advice and share my experiences. Good luck either way.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hey Jon! Welcome. I've done P90X @ 325 lbs :) You will do great. Surround yourself with supportive friends. Good luck on your journey to a stronger YOU!
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think you're exactly right about making it a habit. I'm trying to get back on track, and I have found that its the rest days that seem to extend into excuses for me, so I'm only taking one if I absolutely have to now. Working my way up to P90x with some other DVDs, as I have a pretty sedentary job, and think the P90x might lay me out bad...lol. Welcome, and best of luck!
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have been doing P90X now too and I'm on day 74 I believe. It's been a long haul but with proper diet and continuing to push play I have lost 30 pounds. You are ABLE to do this, the question is are you WILLING to? Good luck to you add me as a friend if you'd like, I am on this daily!
  • jonwv
    Options
    I am lucky to have my younger brother doing it with me, well at least 3 weeks until he goes back to college
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome, i hope to P90X soon and this is a great site.Feel free to add me.
  • turners757
    turners757 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Beth and I am from Virginia. My husband and I are doing this together. I am jealous of him because he has lost a lot more weight then me. I found this app on my iPhone and installed it. Little did I know there was a whole community of supporters out there. I love this app because it holds me accountable and allows to see the consequences of my choices, Both good and bad, HaHa! I have lost 5 lbs thus far. Good luck to you on your journey of losing weight. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Beth "Gmom on the go :smile:
  • jonwv
    Options
    I lost 5lbs before starting P90X just by watching my diet a little better. I will get there.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    welcome :-)
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Beth and I am from Virginia. My husband and I are doing this together. I am jealous of him because he has lost a lot more weight then me. I found this app on my iPhone and installed it. Little did I know there was a whole community of supporters out there. I love this app because it holds me accountable and allows to see the consequences of my choices, Both good and bad, HaHa! I have lost 5 lbs thus far. Good luck to you on your journey of losing weight. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Beth "Gmom on the go :smile:

Beth, I'm in Virginia too, add me if you'd like
  • NEWBABY4LIFE
    Options
    Welcome to this site. Know that u not alone. Again welcome. Great side to be apart of.
  • jonwv
    Options
    really looking forward to this site...also making friends.
  • NickiRae04
    NickiRae04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump. Welcome To MFP!!! I just recently joined (again) I LOVE IT here!!! Such great inspiration, motivation and support from everyone!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    We you will do great! Add me if you would like support :)
  • ver0n1ca10
    ver0n1ca10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm about 1 week in. So far having fun using all the gadgets. My goal is to use them all. If you have any questions I'm happy to try to answer, although most of the info is pretty easy if you fiddle around w/ things fora a while. Good luck to you
  • jonwv
    Options
    Thank you
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    Welcome! You will enjoy this site and it's fun to see people posts and progress. Feel free to add me. :)
    Marlys
    MN
  • jonwv
    Options
    This site is pretty amazing. Seems like there are a lot of nice people on here.