Need blender recommendations!

Options
Looking to buy a blender that is strong enough to blend yogurt, berries, and ice that isn't very expensive but works great for everyday use! I was looking into those personal blenders.. are they any good?

Replies

• VanessaMFaulkner
    Options
    After going through several cheap blenders I highly recommend spending the $ for a Ninja. I went thru 4 before finally breaking down & getting a good one. It was well worth the $ since I use it daily for blending ice & fruit.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    One day, when I make it into the 1%, I'll buy a Vitamix :bigsmile:
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    The ninja looks like a great one.... thanks
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I bought the Ninja master prep which is sold at target for around $45 and comes with two containers. I've used it daily for the last 4 months and love it.
  • nsdodge
    nsdodge Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Invest in a more expensive blender! It will last forever and actually make great smoothies. After going through two cheap blenders in two years, I bought a beautiful orange kitchenaid brand blender and its some of the best money ever spent.
  • JlSimon22
    JlSimon22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you do want to do the Vitamix, they have refurbished ones, with a 5 warranty on their website for 350.00 or so (I just did a lot of research on blenders!!). Bed, bath, and beyond also will let you use the 20% coupon on it, so you save about 100.00. If you consider it lasting 30 plus years, which many report that they do- you'll definitely make up the money for it by not needing to buy a new one every few years. They are pretty awesome!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    If you have the money get a Bamix (made in Switzerland, available in North America). It has more power than any other hand blender, won't make you deaf, and has a ten year warranty (and I had one fail after 9 years and it got fixed). The cheap blenders are toys.
  • dfsnell
    dfsnell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and it was WELL WORTH what I paid for it. I make all kinds of stuff in it, including smoothies, crushed ice lemon aid things for my kids, soup....well you get the picture. It is a great investment.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I love my Cuisinart set! It's kind of like the Magic Bullet but a lot more reliable and stronger! Such a great tool for me! I use it daily for smoothies in the morning. I also use it to crush ice and make Iced Coffee with it!