Ladies - has this happened to you ? Very relieving moment!

Options
No girl likes TOM.

but today I did!

I've been so mad at the scale not moving - but this morning, im 1.3 pounds lighter, AND started TOM.
which means in a week Ill go down more! I always gain 4 pounds for TOM.

Ah, thank you TOM. The only Time I will say that!

Replies

• julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    There have been several times in my life that I was relieved for TOM, but it has nothing to do with weight loss, LOL!
  • rchiecuto
    rchiecuto Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    There have been several times in my life that I was relieved for TOM, but it has nothing to do with weight loss, LOL!

LOL exactly
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't want to burst your bubble but not everyone gains weight while on their period. You may not lose another 4 pounds when it's over.
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    ^^ Seeing as I have been having tom monthly for the last 7 years of my life, I do know what it does to my body, and I do know that I will lose the weight.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    That's great! TOM is usually never fun for those of us on the journey to lose weight.

On my first month I could have stopped I was so upset for eating healthy for weeks and seemingly no effect!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    CONGRATZ! This actually happened to me yesterday, weighed myself and then had 'it' arrive. Like you I usually gain 3-7 lbs over that time in bloating and water weight so it made me super happy as well!
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Duh. your post just made me realize the most likely reason I haven't lost a single thing in the last 5 days. DER.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    woohoo, I gotta say... I don't watch the scale that closely to have noticed, but I do know that t.o.m. minimally increases your metabolism as long as you're not binging it's very realistic to notice a difference after the (common, not all cases) water weight levels back out. Anything positive about t.o.m. is a good thing to me lol. Mine's usually along the other lines... I'm glad it's there cuz it means no oops, but never excited about experiencing it lol.
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Normally I am like this as well!! The week before... STALL... as soon as I start, loss! It's just become normal now and I don't fret when I don't lose that week before.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I always lose weight. If I'm at a calorie deficit I'll stop losing for the week prior, then lose the weight I was holding onto; if I'm not at a calorie deficit I'll gain a few pounds the week before and then lose those pounds plus a bit extra after. I don't know if the second scenario is due to dehydration or if having a period burns calories or what, but it always works that way for me. I also don't really PMS; if anything I'm slightly more energetic in the days following it. My period stopped entirely for three years because of my IUD, and I was actually upset about it. Having it removed and resuming normal functions was a happy happy day :).
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    The week before, I bloat and the whole works gets...hum...backed up. When i actually start, my weight drops and everything gets moving again.