Rice - changing back to white

Options
Hey guys,

I changed to brown rice, and I must say I just don't enjoy it as much as white rice. It's because of the texture - I buy Tesco's wholegrain brown rice and even when fully cooked, it feels like I'm eating lots of little seeds. I like my rice fluffy, and it seems I can only get this with white rice.

Do you think changing back is worth it? I know I'll be giving up on some extra fibre but brown rice just ruins my meals these days. Is there any kind of brown rice that comes out fluffy? That would totally make my food cupboard complete. :(

Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kwilliams91
    Options
    Have you ever tried baking brown rice? It is the only way I like it, but I really like it that way. You can google recipes, but here is basically the one I use. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-brown-rice-recipe/index.html
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Food shouldn't be a punishment. Eat what you enjoy. In moderation.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    There was a study that showed less protein from the rice gets absorbed with brown (d/t the fibre) than with white. You could try mixing the two together. I have done about 2/3 white to 1/3 brown and still get the texture of the white rice (which I also prefer). Mostly it's about portion in terms of calories and nutrition.
  • babesintow
    babesintow Posts: 59
    Options
    I am with you on that! I have tried eating the brown rice and still prefer white. It is a texture thing for me as well...and if it is the worst thing on my plate oh well.