need to lose weight for graduation!

Options
ok im having a really hard time losing weight i started today and want to know if this actually works. i have 5 months to lost as much as possible! please share your stories with me

Replies

• jennigroves
    Options
    This program will work if you are honest and consistant. My best advice is if you have a bad day or bad couple of days, don't starve or over-exercise the next day to make up for it. Just be consistant. You will love the results and you will be able to set mini goals that keep you motivated. Make smart food choices, exercise consistantly, and use this tool to stay focused.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    As you can see, it has worked for me. Of course it has slowed way down and I should have been at my goal weight by now. But I consider it to be three huge accomplishments that I have 1. lost the weight that I have, 2. not gained any back, and 3. have been working out regularly for about a year and a half now. I normally would quit after a month or two.

After five months, I had lost almost 20 pounds....though it's different for everyone. Good luck!
  • nikinicole
    Options
    thank you so much! its great to have this kind of support because i've tried to lose weight alone and it doesn't work! thanks for the help =D
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    You should be able to lose weight at a good pace in 5 months. I just want to let you know that you shouldn't lose weight for just an occasion, you should do it for you and the long run!! Take your time!! Work your way in to a comfortable routine so that you'll have long term weight loss. Don't do anything crazy to drop mass amounts of weight fast, it will just come right back & will harm your metabolism and make it harder to lose weight in the future. Start off slow. Start off by making small adjustments to your diet. For example, if you drink soda or eat candy bars, slowly ween yourself off. Then start introducing fruits & veggies more. Take 30 minute walks each day & then work your way up to going to a gym. A slow pace is going to guarantee long term success!

Best of luck!!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    Be completely honest with yourself, your exercise, you food intake, and your goals. Do whatever it takes to stay on track, get a buddy to keep you honest or something. Lean meats, fresh veggies, a few carbs, and not alot of simple sugars/sweets.

Get moving.. at the gym, walking around the block, jumping jacks, whatever.. just do something to get your heart rate up for a sustained period of time.

you can do it if you really set your mind to it, and use this website. Oh, and drink lots of water!

Good luck to you!