Do you take a rest day?

Options
2»

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't like to because I find when I don't workout my appetite is insatiable. However if I am feeling burnt out or like I may be close to overtraining I'll take a day off.
  • sbroadus
    sbroadus Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Chalean Extreme program, and today is one of my 2 rest days.
    I didn't fully rest on the first....I did some zumba wii, but have heard that if you don't take a rest day you can hurt your body.
    So...I am resting.

Do you take rest days? How often?

I'm also doing the Chalean Extreme program and I only rest one day a week. I take a day off after the Recharge and Burn it off day. On the other rest day I tend to take a walk, do yoga, or other cardio.
  • SaundraU
    SaundraU Posts: 77
    Options
    It depends on how I feel. I try not to take more then 1 (but sometimes life gets in the way) and I let my body tell me when I need one.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Your body NEEDS rest days. That's how your muscles repair and get stronger.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    Thursday's are my rest days :)
  • Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Options
    Yep, and everyone should. I take my rest day on a Sunday, but even then I might go for a longish walk rather than literally doing nothing. You know, sometimes I feel so ragged I take the full weekend off, but after I am literally bursting with energy, great feeling.