Thoughts after 142 lb lost

Options
I just had a realization. I have lost 142 lbs, that’s the equivalent of a whole adult!

The human body really is an amazing thing. Now, as I run up a flight of stairs, or jog around my neighborhood, I find it amazing that I was even able to move around back when I weighed 329 lbs (because if a 142 lb person jumped on my back now, I couldn’t even make it a block).

Seeing how my body has changed, and the things I am capable of physically, has really increased the respect and awe I have for the human form. I used to be a morbidly obese geek, whose only source of personal power was her mind. Now I’m a just slightly overweight geek (soon to be an average-sized geek), who knows she is powerful, not only intellectually, but physically. Even though I haven’t yet reach my fitness goal, for the first time in a long while I feel at one with my body, rather than feeling as if I’m locked in a struggle with it.

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    WOW seriously impressive .... (round of applause)
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME! And such an inspiration!
  • TabethaH5
    TabethaH5 Posts: 36
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Awesome, amazing, and very inspirational! Way to go!!
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    thats amazing.. can we see some pics? :)
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Great story, you should post this as a blog
  • sunnydeez77
    sunnydeez77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thank you for sharing :)
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal!
  • jeserf
    jeserf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great motivation - enjoy your victories, big or small, and especially enjoy your progress towards a healthier life. Wow!
  • lvlygrrl
    lvlygrrl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ...for the first time in a long while I feel at one with my body, rather than feeling as if I’m locked in a struggle with it.

What an incredibly powerful thought. You are an incredible inspiration. Thank you for sharing.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    That was so beautifully written. Add "Poetic Teacher" to your list of awesomeness.

Congrats.
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Amazing...You should be so proud of yourself !!!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Just incredible.. Congratulations on all your hard work, you've done amazingly well :)
  • tlonie
    tlonie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is exactly how I feel...the only difference is that I am new on my journey. It so nice to find people who can relate to how you feel. Congratulations!!
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    That's a good way to look at it. Whenever I'm carrying a box of books at work (usually 10 pounds) I remember that I used to carry twice that on my body.
  • ArynnOctavia
    Options
    Thank you everybody!

For those who have requested pictures: I did make a pic post a while ago, and I'll probably make another one come fall, but for those who want something now, here is a link to the one I made earlier:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/620083-10-stone-140-lbs-gone-w-pictures
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I find it amazing that I was even able to move around back when I weighed 329 lbs (because if a 142 lb person jumped on my back now, I couldn’t even make it a block).

I think about this all the time, it's such a great reminder that losing weight is a gift you give yourself, and how much easier it makes just day-to-day living. It helps to focus on that when I'm feeling down about looks or clothing sizes.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss buddy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!