This site works!

Options
Although I've enjoyed reading many message board postings over the past 4 months and used them to keep me motivated, this is the first time I've posted. I just want to let everyone know that this site worked for me. I started on Dec. 27th @ 225lbs and have reached my goal of 185lbs. I had never paid much attention to what I ate and this site has changed my life in that regard. It's taught me much more discipline in my size portions and what I actually put on my plate. I couldn't have done it without MFP.

Replies

• terrykok
    terrykok Posts: 3
    Options
    Although I've enjoyed reading many message board postings over the past 4 months and used them to keep me motivated, this is the first time I've posted. I just want to let everyone know that this site worked for me. I started on Dec. 27th @ 225lbs and have reached my goal of 185lbs. I had never paid much attention to what I ate and this site has changed my life in that regard. It's taught me much more discipline in my size portions and what I actually put on my plate. I couldn't have done it without MFP.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Nice work. Hope you keep the faith now that you are at goal!:drinker:
  • cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: First let me congratulate you. Job well done.

:explode: now : Why is it that you all can lose 10 lbs a month and I'm struggling with the same 2.5 lbs for 6 weeks (trying not to be ugly) that's just not fair. What going on :explode:
  • cupcakes8kr
    Options
    Sorry I didn't mean to vent on your good fortune. I reaaly am glad for you.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Excellent terrykok!! Woot, Woot!! Congratulations.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: First let me congratulate you. Job well done.

:explode: now : Why is it that you all can lose 10 lbs a month and I'm struggling with the same 2.5 lbs for 6 weeks (trying not to be ugly) that's just not fair. What going on :explode:

Cupcake,
    Read or listen to this, it may answer some questions for you. I have been in the same boat, very difficult to lose, but do not give up hope. Start measuring everything you eat before you put it in to make sure you are being accurate so that you can see what is really going on. And don't pick to high of a calorie deficit.

11. HARDER FOR WOMEN TO LOSE WEIGHT W/EXERCISE
    1 weeks ago by beep Interesting. My husband always loses weight quickly when we walk together. Now I know why! Check out this news report on why it's harder for women to lose weight with exercise. Great tips too: http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=86743
  • terrykok
    terrykok Posts: 3
    Options
    You can do it......my wife tells me it's because I'm a guy (it's easier to lose when you're a guy) and I am extremely anal about something when I have a goal. Don't be disappointed in the short term - keep the long term goal in mind and stick with it, it's extremely worth it.
  • cupcakes8kr
    Options
    Thanks I'm not giving up just a bit fustrated at the moment again I didn't mean to vent on someone's happiness I was being ugly:blushing:
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    congrats!! woohoo!!!!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    CONGRADS!!! :drinker:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Nice!!!