Insanity!

Options

Replies

• karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD JUST DID DAY5 PURE CARDIO...like whattt the hell was that i took like a gazillion trillion breaks is shaun t serious is he serious.....im sweating even after doing a half *kitten* workout i think more of it was to do with knowing there are no breaks in it so even the thought of having no breaks made me tired...i think haha...but wooowwww dat was one complete insane package ..glad its done

Ah, Pure Cardio. My most dreaded work out. "This **** is bananas, yo!" :laugh:
  • mrsmark2010
    mrsmark2010 Posts: 220
    Options
    Way to go everyone! I just finished this week and will be starting a hybrid with p90x next week. Get to spend some quality morning time with both Shawn T and Tony.
  • kelseyfmillwood
    Options
    Day 3 today kicked my butt.
    I was doing good if you don't pay attention to how many times I dropped down in child's pose panting. I was glad to be done until he sprung the 8 hop squats and 8 push ups on me.
  • tonyspumas
    tonyspumas Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm currently in month 2 week 2. I have to say the first week of both months were the hardest and like others have said, Month 2 is nuts!!!!
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I finished my first round of Insanity mid-June and loved it. I had great results I think. My knees were hurting the whole time 2 mos (esp month 2, but I pushed through) coz I think my knees were always way over my ankle..so just an advice, always have correct form. It was just after that I really became aware of it, from Chalean extreme. And also, follow the nutrition guide, u need energy for it. Month 1 I was at 1400, month 2 I upped to 1700. Good luck everyone! :D Dig deeper! I still do Insanity during the weekend for cardio.
  • lloyd_75
    lloyd_75 Posts: 6
    Options
    Need motivation! I'm on day 3 of the recovery week and very discouraged today. I have gained 2 pounds, which I'm sure is probably muscle. However, I took progress pics today and do not see any change. I'm eating healthy and staying in my calorie range. I drink plenty of water and am very active with my kids. I actually lost more weight doing a 30 minute WII dance workout than I have with insanity. Any advice?
  • fozzybr26
    fozzybr26 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading everone's comment! I am on week 1 and just finished pure cardio! That was tough but I made it through! Good luck everyone!
  • Tfowl
    Tfowl Posts: 1
    Options
    @Lloyd_75, I am at the same place you are in the program and have felt the same way throughout the program. I quit getting on the scales because i was either gaining weight or at a stand still for the first month. I actually got on the scales tonight for the first time in a week and i have dropped around 5 or 6 lbs. since last week.
  • lloyd_75
    lloyd_75 Posts: 6
    Options
    @Tfowl, that's awesome! Good job. I wish I could see something just keep me motivated. I'll keep trying. Definitely not quitting after I've gone this far.
  • xstarburrst
    xstarburrst Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Need motivation! I'm on day 3 of the recovery week and very discouraged today. I have gained 2 pounds, which I'm sure is probably muscle. However, I took progress pics today and do not see any change. I'm eating healthy and staying in my calorie range. I drink plenty of water and am very active with my kids. I actually lost more weight doing a 30 minute WII dance workout than I have with insanity. Any advice?

I think you should hang in there, keep going, and maybe focus on tightening up your diet? I lost about 5 lbs in the first two weeks of insanity and tracking my food..and then the following 2 weeks i went back up to my start weight and was super discouraged. I stuck with it though, and then all of a sudden i had a huge drop and now at almost 6 weeks, i'm down 10.
    Just keep going!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Day 9 for me. No real changes yet, but I don't have weight to lose, just body fat to trade for muscle so I suspect my initial results will be less dramatic. The level 1 drills sucked less today, did those push-ups on my toes for the first time. It turns out that's less painful, since I have hardwood and a bone bruise on my right kneecap (cycling injury, ow).

I'm curious how many calories people burn on average, and (if you don't mind me asking) how much you weigh. I only burned 380 tonight during. The Plyo Cardio Circuit. I'm not sure if it's low because of my size (118 lbs/5'8") or if I'm being a wuss and need to push myself even when I'm literally screaming obscenities due to leg soreness.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I finished day 3 today. I am so excited about feeling it in my body already. I have a full length mirror in my family room and seeing myself move keeps me motivated. I did better the first three days than I expected. I can't wait till tomorrow morning :) Good luck everyone!
  • myskinnyjourney
    myskinnyjourney Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i took 2 days off as rest and yesterday i was like what the hell took 2 days off lets just forget it and quit whats the point but today when i woke up i was crazy motivated to move on and do it so yeah just did week 2 day 1 cardio resistance and power...i hate the warm up hate hate hate i dont think so ill ever like it and thats the only reason i dont feel like doing insanity because of the craziestttttt longestt warm up....but i did it and im happy about it ..hope you guys are still at it aswell...;)
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    On day 6, feels so good when the workout is done. I've already lost almost half an inch around my hips.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just stopped by to check in. Halfway through "recovery week". Workouts in month 1 got easier as the month progressed. Stopped less and pushed more. Now if I could just install "discipline2.0" to get my diet in check. Confused though because I've eaten as little as 2,000 and I have been at 2600-2800 the last week and a half (I weigh 248) based on Katch-McArdle formula. While I wouldn't expect abs to pop on a poor diet, I'd expect some weight to drop.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    Completed my fit test last night! Working on day 2 tonight. Fit test results: switch kicks: 72? (forgot to start counting); power jacks: 47; power knees: 100; power jumps: 27; globe jumps: 10; suicide jumps: 13; pushup jacks: 15; low plank obliques: 47-48 (DVD messed up throughout and froze last 5 secs) looking forward to seeing what happens in 30 days!
  • Rothwilder
    Rothwilder Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Insanity is sooooo addicting
  • I just did the fit test!:) Anyone who has just started insanity,message me or add me I would love the support.
  • PDiddy0913
    PDiddy0913 Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 4 BUT this is my second time doing Insanity. I earned the T-shirt the first time I did it and I love wearing it while doing this round. It reminds that I have done it and can do it again. Insanity is certainly tough physically but I think the toughest part for me is the mental part - having the discipline to wake up early and push play everyday.

Keep digging deeper everyone!
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've had Insanity for about 4weeks and have yet to get it out the box.... After reading all of the above I remember why I bought it!! Thanks people I'm starting Monday.... Not putting it off longer, Im going to my mums for the weekend!