wanting a flatter tummy

Options
KCramer12
KCramer12 Posts: 153 Member
So I need sugestions on how to get my tummy flatter? Background on me: I have had 2 babies both via csection. I am at a weight I havent been at in 10 years but def dont look the same after babies lol. I workout daily. My workouts vary from weights, jillian micheals, tae bo, biggest loser, any ab excercise i know of, excercise ball and walking/jogging. I have recently tried cutting back on carbs but have found it extremely hard to do since carbs r in everything. I drink 74+ oz of water a day. What can i do? I know i will never have that perfectly flat stomach but i am hoping to have a way flatter than i do now. Now i feel like i look down and all i see is tummt. Look in the mirror and feel as though i look 5 months preggo. Its irritating. I feel like i have tried everything. I have lost 35 lbs since nov 2011. I feel good but not great yet. 8 more lbs to go to my all time weight!! Please help if u know of ANYTHING that might help me flatten my tummy after babies!! Thank u so much in advance!!

Replies

• CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    As a mom of three think you are doing all the right things. Maybe you just to modify how you are doing them. If you are on hormone based birth control of any kind that will definitely hinder your ability to see that flat tummy. Also, how much protein are you taking in a day. I found that cuttin calories while working out more definitely worked against me as my body thought it was starving so it starting storing when I was almost 200 lbs a 1200 caloric goal for sendetary lifestyle was fine but the moment I begin working out more I was required to eat more both carbs and protein. Are you eating according to your BMR?
  • Susanxxxx
    Susanxxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Preprenancy bodies are hard to get back. I have had two children also , My youngest is six. I tried the whole atkins thing and although i lost a lot of weight i developed a spare tyre as it would not shift the weight on my sides and back. Through trying differant things i have found fibre and clean eating to be the key to shifting it. I aim for 14g fibre a day and it is working a treat :)
  • tk3000
    tk3000 Posts: 2
    Options
    Having a flat tummy after 2 c sections is very hard. I am in the same boat. I excercise do zumba. Nothing works.
    The muscles have been cut so you will never have that flat stomach again. sorry :(.. My sister also had c-sections she is going to get a tummy tuck her surgeon said that she is a prime candidate because of her c sections.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Consider trying a program like Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5x5. I've seen this work for a few c-section moms.
  • KCramer12
    Options
    Thank u all. What r the strength workouts u talk of? I have no birth control but got essure coils put in a yr ago after my youngest was born he is 17 moths now. Took along time ro recover from them. Would cramp up alot. Not anymore thank goodness.
  • KCramer12
    Options
    Consider trying a program like Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5x5. I've seen this work for a few c-section moms.
    what r these workouts???
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I am not a mother so you can take this for what it is, but I noticed a more drastic change in my abs/stomach when doing intense cardio, rather than just countless ab crunches. So i would say up the cardio!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am not a mother so you can take this for what it is, but I noticed a more drastic change in my abs/stomach when doing intense cardio, rather than just countless ab crunches. So i would say up the cardio!

And the benefits would be even greater doing a heavy lifting strength training routine based on compound lifts.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    <----2 babies, keep at it, you'll get there! You need to get your bf percentage down pretty low to see abs, cardio is key.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    <----2 babies, keep at it, you'll get there! You need to get your bf percentage down pretty low to see abs, cardio is key.

This, though I don't really do cardio, I burn calories through continuous exercise, and being badass.

(edit: and I have not had two babies :laugh: )
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I had a C-section five years ago. I initially tried a lot of cardio....didn't really get a lot of results. Some exercises actually hurt and make it worse (those that push your stomach out) so make sure any you do are actually trying to pull your belly button towards your spine. I started lifting about 6 months ago. I've seen the biggest improvement from that. Picture is about six weeks old. Google Stronglifts, Starting Strength, or New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • Keenasgettingfitnhealthy
    Options
    There are a few post c-section mums on here who look absolutely amazing! Their tummies are flat and you can't even tell they've had one (or more) c-sections. Not even a tiny pooch!
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options

This, though I don't really do cardio, I burn calories through continuous exercise, and being badass.

Was this for my entertainment Chris :) You're trying to recover from yesterday, right? :)
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Was this for my entertainment Chris :) You're trying to recover from yesterday, right? :)

Lol, maybe. Though it is the same advice I gave someone yesterday, the baby comment may have been for you, your arrow was pointing right at me! ;)
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    <
    4 pregnancies and one c-section for twins and that one was almost nine years ago. I truly think it is possible to get flat abs. I personally just started the stronglifts 5x5 today. It technically is focused on men but I don't see why it wouldn't benefit me. I want/need to strengthen/tone my whole body so I am giving it a try in addition to my cardio. Good luck to everyone!
  • ZoobityBop
    ZoobityBop Posts: 22
    Options
    I've been there, constantly trying different methods to lose belly fat, and I don't blame you, it's hard. Try a workout program I did called Truth About Abs by Mike Geary. After all the other programs I tried, this one did wonders for me since it flattened my stomach more than I could imagine. There's a good review on it I found here on this site: http://fantasticfitnessreviews.com/truth-about-abs-review/

Good luck and best regards.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just do a bunch of EVERYTHING, and when I find something that works my muscles like I've never felt, I make sure I do extra of those. I've done so much research. I have printed out exercises. I have adopted the ones the trainer did when I did a session once (he was free, so he did it for funsy...I don't pay for training). I do any of the new ones I learn in any group fitness class I learn. I've done P90X Abs, which included ones I had never done. I've done Jillian Michael's DVDs, so I logged those in my memory. So, I have a rolling database of exercises I do.

Learn, learn, learn....and do, do, do...