Bored with Breakfast...

Options

Replies

• jly33403
    jly33403 Posts: 49
    Options
    On fridays I like to get an egg white omelette with tomatoes, onions, spinach and some feta. YUM.
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i eat like 4 eggs or a piece of kielbasa... or sometimes a chicken breast

and you thought your lunch was boring :P
  • ernielaurie
    Options
    Green Monster, google it, the website has tons of recipes, so good!!!! and good for you!!!
  • rukus1
    rukus1 Posts: 112
    Options
    Try none traditional breakfast foods. Try salsa with your eggs on a whole wheat tortillia. I know you said no oatmeal but I understand the over-night oatmeal is more like a cold pudding and that it is delicious. Good luck!

ots of recipes on line for it. Good look on your search of breakfast foods.
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I like bagel thins with some laughing cow cream cheese wedge on them with fruit.

Or I make my own smoothie (great for hot mornings!) For the smoothie I put 1/2 cup low fat yogurt, 1 banana, and 1/2 cup milk and then whatever other fruits I want in there! My favorite combo is strawberry, peanut butter, banana.

If I'm in a rush I'll eat some peanut butter with a banana or an apple.

I love southwest wraps or bowls too if I have time. Scramble up eggs with onion and green pepper then put them in a whole wheat tortilla with Mexican blend cheese and salsa!

Or make a wrap with turkey bacon or sausage and eggs and cheese or even a bacon egg and cheese sandwich on a flat bagel or sandwich thins.

Hope those help some!
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    Huge fan of cold quinoa topped with fruit and cinnamon and sometimes raisins.

Also, for mid morning have really been into: almond milk, protein powder, cottage cheese and strawberry smoothie. Kinda tastes like cheesecake...and if you do not like cottage cheese this is a great way to try it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much the same breakfast every day:

Fried egg sandwich with cheddar cheese and ham, on a honey wheat hamburger bun, a hash brown patty, and a smoothie with orange juice, banana, frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries. I just totaled it up, and it's a crap ton of calories. The smoothie is technically my mid-morning snack. It definitely keeps me full for several hours, so for me, it's worth the calories.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Frozen hashbrowns! They are about 80 calories per cup (surprising, I know!). I make them and add scrambled egg whites, cheese and salsa. I don't think I could ever get tired of this breakfast!
  • hersheyskiss
    Options
    bump
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    I really got tired of breakfast. Like REALLY. So I started eating hummus and pita bread with some olives and sun-dried tomatoes, topped off with some figs. Now, breakfast is what I look forward to and savor the most. So, think outside the breakfast box.
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with Hüttenkase, cucumber, pepper and a little salt to taste :). Makes my mornings!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a homemade smoothie and a piece of whole grain toast with Jif natural peanutbutter on it. Delicious. It ends up being about 350 calories.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    A guideline I picked up from a Biggest Loser book for breakfast was 1/2 a serving of protein, one serving of whole grains, and one serving of fruit! My fave way of doing this is by making a nice parfait. You can use your favorite fruit (berries have less calories than say bananas or pineapples, but fresh pineapple is my fave), some yogurt (can be plain, light flavored, or greek, I use vanilla greek), and a serving of some granola (I buy Bear Naked Granola). It can be pretty filling and I find it to be satisfying. Depending on what all you're choosing to add, it's anywhere from 200-300 calories and ends up being a nice helping! :)

I also like to make smoothies! Mixing a cup of milk with a cup or two of fresh or frozen fruit and blending! You can add some splenda or a little sugar if it's too tart!
    Sounds like good advice
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    2 egg white omelette with a lean protein, lowfat cheese and some sort of veggie (spinach, mushrooms, onion, etc.)
    Delicious and always under 200 calories
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a green monster smoothie...almond milk, banana, peanut butter, spinach and honey. Throw into a blender and you have an instant and nutritious breakfast!
  • randomnennie
    randomnennie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Try juicing! I fell in love with my juicer. There are so many healthy recipes with high nutrition. Or maybe smoothies, or quinoa. The possibilities are endless! :)
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I really got tired of breakfast. Like REALLY. So I started eating hummus and pita bread with some olives and sun-dried tomatoes, topped off with some figs. Now, breakfast is what I look forward to and savor the most. So, think outside the breakfast box.

Wow! This sounds amazing!
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    For some reason people feel the need to carb up at breakfast.
    Smoothies, yogurts, fruits, and cereals all cause me to have a sugar low around 10am. Stick to the protein and you will keep a consistant energy level til lunch
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    :wink:
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    If you are at all interested in protein shakes, I swear by this for breakfast:

1 cup trop 50 OJ
    1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein
    spoonful of sugar free citrucel fiber

Blend with 10-12 ice cubes - I promise, it tastes just like a creamsicle!

You can do the same with chocolate protein.

Good luck!!!