Little discouraged.. *pics* :-(

Options
I guess I'm looking for someone else to notice a change... It's only been two weeks, but I've been trying.. I know I don't have the best body, my kids ruined my stomach... But can you see any difference at all?

It's nerve racking to post these, I'm 5'3 168 in the first 2 pics. 162 in the last 2... If anyone has any recommendations for specific exercises that would be amazing :-)

Ugh :-( had to remove the pics :-(

I've been doing Bikram yoga which I feel is starting to tighten things.. I'm still über new at it, I'm excited/nervous to see what it does after a month of me doing it.. But I want as fast results as I can get of course. What types of workouts do you swear by??

Replies

• Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I spin 3-4 times a week. It's tough but it works so well for me.

That and I started doing a Jillian Michael's video 3-4 times a week. That helps me tighten things up.
  • Shayzeepoo
    Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
    Options

That and I started doing a Jillian Michael's video 3-4 times a week. That helps me tighten things up.

The 30 day shred??
  • kmr006
    kmr006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can really tell a difference!! Keep it up:smile:
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

The 30 day shred??

Yup. I'm in the middle of the 30 day shred. I've noticed it's just helped me tone up my core, thighs, and arms more than spinning alone was. I need to start thinking of a permanent strength training solution but the 30DS will do for now.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, you are making a change for the better.

I saw a quote, someone on MFP I think: 4 weeks for you to notice a difference, 8 weeks for others. Something like that.

I can tell you I started working out in early May and it took 8 weeks of 5-6 days a week, 50-60 minutes per day of pretty intense exercise for me to definitely notice differences. Now, as I approach 12 weeks, I am really starting to see changes.

I think the yoga is a great start, and you could keep doing it a day or two per week. But I think you should get some good cardio burn a couple of days per week and definitely do strength training with weights. Go as heavy as you can. The changes happen on the inside first, you are changing/reducing the fat around your organs and getting your body moving in the right direction.

I'd also say take new photos every 6-8 weeks to give your body time to change. You won't see the results looking in the mirror every day as they are so small, but over time, you will be able to compare the photos and see a definite difference. Also, measure, and judge by how your clothes fit.

You can do this! :)
  • jdancer369
    jdancer369 Posts: 55
    Options
    Sorry you had to take them down :(
    Hang in there you are doing great!!
    Did I do my math right? did you really lose 6 lbs in 2 weeks?!!!
    Awesome!!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference, good job
  • AmberBucsis
    Options
    i recommend Insanity!!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You're stressing over 2 weeks progress? Get a hold of yourself. 6lbs is actually great (and unusually high) for 2 weeks. Worry about 2 months progress, or even better, 2 years progress. 2 weeks is just the very beginning.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm looking for someone else to notice a change... It's only been two weeks, but I've been trying.. I know I don't have the best body, my kids ruined my stomach... But can you see any difference at all?

It's nerve racking to post these, I'm 5'3 168 in the first 2 pics. 162 in the last 2... If anyone has any recommendations for specific exercises that would be amazing :-)

Ugh :-( had to remove the pics :-(

I've been doing Bikram yoga which I feel is starting to tighten things.. I'm still über new at it, I'm excited/nervous to see what it does after a month of me doing it.. But I want as fast results as I can get of course. What types of workouts do you swear by??

I practice Bikram also. I strongly belive you should be hitting the gym as well or doing some other workout. I do sometimes both in one day some days I choose.
  • jonirobbins
    Options
    Why did you have to remove the pics?
  • CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I recently just completed a Hot Yoga 30 Day Challenge where I went to hot yoga every day for 30 days in a row. I was really expecting to see some body changes (especially since I was sweating my butt off in a 105 degree room for 100 minutes a day!). After the 30 days, nothing really changed. I was a bit stronger and overall at peace, but I would not recommend it for weight loss.

I am now doing P90X and have seen more changes in the past 2 weeks than I did after a month of yoga (and it's cheaper too!). If you don't like cardio, try strength training maybe?

Good luck with everything!
  • Shayzeepoo
    Options
    I feel like they are awful..

I guess I should leave them up, maybe it will keep me going forward.

Here they are, I. Just so terrified of negative feedback.. I'm a wimp.

Starting
    b7ad7882.jpg
    e93d933a.jpg

Today
    d2b3e84f.jpg
    07be81a6.jpg
  • Shayzeepoo
    Options
    I recently just completed a Hot Yoga 30 Day Challenge where I went to hot yoga every day for 30 days in a row. I was really expecting to see some body changes (especially since I was sweating my butt off in a 105 degree room for 100 minutes a day!). After the 30 days, nothing really changed. I was a bit stronger and overall at peace, but I would not recommend it for weight loss.

I am now doing P90X and have seen more changes in the past 2 weeks than I did after a month of yoga (and it's cheaper too!). If you don't like cardio, try strength training maybe?

Good luck with everything!

Really?? Oh boo.

I'm thinking of getting an exercise bike, I used to bike all over the place and loved it.. It's so hard to get out of the house now though.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a change; the most obvious in your abdomen but also on your back and upper arm shoulder areas. 6 pounds is a lot in 2 weeks as well. Remember you didn't gain it all in a month. Keep going :smile:

Have you tried 30 day shred? Free on You tube and only 25 minutes a day.
  • Shayzeepoo
    Options
    I definitely see a change; the most obvious in your abdomen but also on your back and upper arm shoulder areas. 6 pounds is a lot in 2 weeks as well. Remember you didn't gain it all in a month. Keep going :smile:

I have but gave up.. I started it right after getting off the couch.. I'm thinking of trying again since I have some stamina now.
  • italiankrystal26
    Options
    I feel like they are awful..

I guess I should leave them up, maybe it will keep me going forward.

Here they are, I. Just so terrified of negative feedback.. I'm a wimp.

Starting
    b7ad7882.jpg
    e93d933a.jpg

Today
    d2b3e84f.jpg
    07be81a6.jpg

Totally see a change! Good job! Keep up the awesome work! :)
  • RitaMarie88
    RitaMarie88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i can deff see the difference!! keep up the great work! its just the begining. it it makes you feel any better...ive been trying for like a month and only lost 2 lbs. everyone is different. im going to start the 30 day shred also. add me and we can do it together!
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

I have but gave up.. I started it right after getting off the couch.. I'm thinking of trying again since I have some stamina now.
    If you find it too hard at first, consider starting with lighter weights. I used 2 1/2 pound weights my first round and then worked up. I know others here will scoff, but it was more important to keep going than lift heavier weights. Better tnan sitting on the couch:smile:
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see a difference! Keep working hard - you are doing great! :)