Protein

Options
2»

Replies

• SenhoraFox
    Options
    I am also toning and building lean muscle. So far what I'm doing is really helping (i.e. I have gained a bit of weight but lost a lot of inches and my bingo wings are going) I have a protein shake most mornings and have greek yoghurt, tuna, almonds, eggs, other kinds of fish etc. I also take CLA which seems to speed things up (unless I'm just getting stronger)

The big thing though.. is strength training. Without doing it, I don't think anybody can get toned. :)
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank u all so much for the great protein ideas. They all sound great. Gonna have to give some a try. When i say gain i mean weight. I have never used protein shakes or bars due to hearing u can gain from them. I am trying to tone now and lose just a few more lbs. Thanks again all!!

alexluong was spot on above. You will not gain weight in a caloric deficit, even if you're only eating twinkies.
  • sonya08
    sonya08 Posts: 2
    Options
    :drinker: Im really uncomfortable with eating breads because i feel like breads stops the weight loss process. Please help me to understand this process. Tuna, turkey and chicken sandwiches are so good but not sure should i eat the bread in moderation? I would also like to increase my protein intake without eating to many calories. Help ;-)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Im really uncomfortable with eating breads because i feel like breads stops the weight loss process. Please help me to understand this process. Tuna, turkey and chicken sandwiches are so good but not sure should i eat the bread in moderation? I would also like to increase my protein intake without eating to many calories. Help ;-)

No food in moderation will completely stop weight loss. Wheat and whole grain breads (in my opinion) are better options than white. However, I do chicken and tuna salads more often than sandwiches because I am trying to keep my carbs on the lower side.

Edit to add: Protein itself is a basic source of calories. Keep that in mind.
  • LizaArg
    LizaArg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I hear you about the protein shakes but actually, if used right, they can aid in building lean muscle, which helps you burn fat. Eyone else's suggestions have been great. I also like to use lean cold cuts like turkey and ham (not honey roasted though) made by Applegate farms (they don't use nitrates) and put that on salad or eat alone for a snack. I love Chicken breasts but I also don't like to cook as much in the summer. Rotessie chicken is also a favorite, just take off the skin. Tuna is also good but the mecury levels in commercial tuna worry me, which is why I steer clear of it... Cheers!