Washing/fixing my hair!!

Options
This should be under the cardio workouts!! haha, seriously though I have near waist length ringlets and it takes me 45 minutes of vigorous washing and about an hour and a half to straighten it!! tiring work!! does anyone else have this problem or agree with me?? :)

Replies

• BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Beauty is PAIN...I feel ya!!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Stop straightening it and enjoy your curls.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    I just got real bitter when you said ringlets!!

*has pin straight hair* lol
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

It seems like the grass is always greener on the other side...

I have stick straight hair and would give my right arm...well...maybe not that...for at least some wave in my hair. Literally, STICKS.

I agree, I'd embrace the curls and realize lots of girls are jealous :D
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I just got real bitter when you said ringlets!!

*has pin straight hair* lol

i had ringlets when I was young sadly when my hair got longer/heavier they dropped out :grumble:
  • CaztheMermaid
    Options
    no way, i'd trade my curls in a second!! i can never get a brush through it :(
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of growing my hair out... lost my ringlets years ago... and I don't straighten or color my hair anymore, I just want my hair, like my body, to be as healthy and "preservative free" lol as it can be... ya ya.. I know "Shut up Hippie" lol... but seriously, yes it is a pain!!!

It's now below the bra almost to the middle of my back and I'm a marathoner, so it takes a beating... there's no single hair tie that can keep my hair in a pony for longer than 15 minutes, so it's almost always braided.

It gets stuck in my purse strap, sucked up in the seatbelt, rolled up in the window, and always finding long invisible threads in the STRANGEST places!!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I had waist-length wavy hair growing up. I never straightened or curled it, just either put it in a ponytail or left it down. When I was 21, I cut it to shoulder length, and luckily at that time, never had to do anything to it. I've been keeping it primarily in a pixie cut these past few years, and am now attempting to grow it out. I had to break out my straightening iron the other day to do the bangs...first time I've had to do that in a long time, lol. Not looking forward to it when it's longer. :tongue: But as someone else said, that look takes time and effort. :flowerforyou:
  • golightlyphilosophy
    Options
    I just took three inches off of my hair, but it's pretty close to touching my rear end. I have to take breaks from blow-drying it because it just takes forever! It's impossible for me to get ready in a hurry, because I'm looking at at LEAST an hour just to get my hair washed and dried! I love my length, though, so it's worth the time.
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I WISH I had this problem. My hair broke off a couple years ago. It's grown a lot but it's still only shoulder length and pretty thin.
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i have naturally curly hair. i seldomly straighten it with a flat iron, so i feel your pain. that's why i don't do it too often. i have a co-worker that gets a keratin treatment every 6 months or so in an effort to "permanently" get rid of her curls. it's expensive, but if straightening everyday is a pain for you, then look into the treatment. if not, then enjoy your curls!!!
  • funsteps
    funsteps Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Things like this make me happy that I can't seem to get my hair to grow past my shoulders! I straightened my hair pretty much every day from the time I was 12 to just after I turned 23. I cut it into a bob with lots of layers and leave it curly/wavy now. I put some mousse and curl spray in, dry my hair about halfway with the diffuser attachment on my blowdryer, and I'm done. I don't know how I used to spend close to an hour JUST on my hair.

Although, I am pretty jealous that you have ringlets! I love my big hair but it's all big waves/loose curls and I wish it was curlier and crazier!
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    It doesn't take me that long to wash mine but it does take me 2 hours to straighten. It's a great workout for my arms!
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    no way, i'd trade my curls in a second!! i can never get a brush through it :(

Then stop trying to brush it. Use a wide-tooth comb or a pick. Keep it well-conditioned, and don't use harsh shampoos. Don't try to take care of your hair the way women with straight hair care for theirs -- take care of it the way your curls need to be cared for, and you won't have an issue.
  • natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yeah, due to working out including a swim 3 times a week, (every alternate day during the week,) I got fed up with doing anything to my hair, so first I cut it all off to a very short bob, and kept up looking after it for a long time, and now it's long again, I just have it tied up all the time during the week now. Makes it more special, when you put in the effort at the weekend. ;)
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have wavy hair down past the bottom of my rib cage, almost to my belly button. It's a PITA to take care of properly... I don't straighten or style (I'm a guy, ponytail is easy and perfect for every day life) so it's not so terrible, but my showers are definitely pretty long on days I need to wash my hair. -_-
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Are you that chick from Brave?
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have long, wavy/almost curly hair and it is a big pain. With the heat lately, I have been styling it by putting mousse in it while it is soaking wet, letting it air dry for about 20/30 min (I do my makeup, eat breakfast, pack my lunch, make my bed) and then blast it with the diffuser for a couple minutes--it is still damp when I leave. If I want it up in the summer, I just put nothing in it, let it air dry for 20-30 min and then braid it or twist it up into a bun. When it's cooler I do suck it up and straighten it daily--I think a huge difference is made by letting it air dry for a bit. I also use a chi professional grade blow dryer and flat iron, which makes things a lot faster.
  • WhatDoesLisa
    WhatDoesLisa Posts: 214
    Options
    I have hair that long and the answer was a Brazilian Silk treatment. My hair is straight and frizz-free for 3 months. And mine is a formaldehyde free treatment. I let it dry 90% and blow dry it in 5 minutes. It's the greatest thing ever invented for the summer time.