Diet Pills

Options
What is everyones take on diet pills? I find myself to be very hungry during the mid afternoon. That is usually when I tend to binge. What alternative other then pills do you have to keep mid day cravings away so you don't over eat at dinner time?

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Diet pills aren't the answer IMO, once you have lost your weight and you stop taking the pills, then old habits creep back up and so does the weight.

This is where it might be when you need to rethink the things you eat. High carbohydrates like say bread and rice, can fill you up quickly but also in an hour time after eating them, you might find yourself hungry again. I'm not saying stray away from them all together, some might suggest that, but I know how hard that is. I might even eventually give it up one day but that isn't today. Good Protein and Veggies are great source of stuff to keep us full. You also have to determine, are you hungry or are you bored? So many people eat out of just being bored.

Brushing your teeth and drinking water are 2 things you can do to help fill that hunger feeling. If you are bored the brushing of teeth will help, drinking water helps fill you up.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I second the above advice. Try replacing some of your carbier foods with foods that have high protein and good unsaturated fats. Food with a good amount of fiber helps, too.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Eat a half a can of tuna as a snack or with your lunch. 13g of protein and only 60 calories it will keep you full until dinner time.
  • colawoman
    colawoman Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like the tuna idea - thanks!!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    First of all, try to figure out if this is bored eating or hunger eating. If it is bored try stuff like gum, brushing your teeth, drinking a glass of water or tea. If it is hungry, eat oil rich foods like a serving of nuts or avocado; low cal foods like veggies, or high protein foods like lean meats, tuna, fish, chicken, eggs. I often eat 12 Blue Diamond dark choc almonds for about 80 cals and that fills me up.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    typically, the people who take them will see no benefit because their diet isn't right, which I why they're looking into diet pills.

Dial your diet in. Then if you want some help with appetite suppression look into a supplement with stims in it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm holding out for the new Breakfast Replacement Pill by Couchbody. It makes the pounds melt right off.
  • kaylachristine1016
    kaylachristine1016 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    my suggestion for you (what i do) is to eat before you're hungry. I find that its when im really hungry thats when i want to cheat. so if im not hungry, i dont want kfc aha. so celery and dip- love love love. or whatever snacks u want. 100 cal will usually do it. but yeah, dont let ur self get hungry.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Eat more filling foods. I find that jerky helps keep me full (probably the protein) and high fiber foods. Also if I start my day with oatmeal I tend to be satisfied longer than with other breakfasts.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think diet pills are ****.
  • HiraAyub
    HiraAyub Posts: 6
    Options
    Diet pills arn't a good idea for loosing weight..but for some people who are hell tired reducing weight, it could be a good solution..my doctor adviced me to go for ''Orlis'' (Diet pills) for a month to boost up ma metabolic rate and help me a bit..does anyone agree...?? m i doing right...??
  • Scorpiofun
    Options
    I was lookiing into diet pills too. You see them advertized in the health magazines, so you think well they must be good right? I have tried my fair share in the past, and agree that just eating small snacks like almonds and celery, and tuna every few hours works the best. I do that to keep my metabolism going, and to keep me from getting too hungry. I keep Kashi bars on hand too. They are only 120 to 140 calories, and have plenty of fiber and whole grains! They are yummy too.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Had a facebook friend who is always looking for a quick fix. She recently ended up in the hospital for trying a new diet pill. It's ridiculous. I wanted to slap her through the computer screen...

As you can see, diet pills are pretty touch and go. Most don't have FDA approval. I would steer clear of them, but if you're looking for energy, maybe vitamin B pills or liquids?

I would love to echo the other posters in here: up your protein and fats. Carbs are filling, but like they said, they give you the "Chinese Takeout" effect of just being hungrier later. I like jerky: the tougher, the better. Your jaw gets a big workout, and you don't eat too much before your face gets tired.

Also, water! Drink lots of water, and you won't feel as hungry as much.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    don't take pills.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Brushing your teeth

This sounds TOTALLY weird, but yea, it really works! Take your time, too. Floss, gargle with mouthwash, work really hard at getting your teeth nice and clean (you'll need to anyway if you just ate some thick cut jerky, lol). No way I'm undoing that hard work with a snack!
  • gowitdaflo
    Options
    i don't do diet pills but I drink shakeology every morning and have been since August 2011 (to suppress appetite, give me more energy,and to eat my fruits/veggies for the day). Take a look at the benefits from this video: http://www.teambeachbody.com/showcase/-/bcp/1452682781001/124147?referringRepId=124147

Its helped me with my endurance level when I do my workouts! I've manged to lose about 81 lbs so far, get off my diabetes meds, etc.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am strongly against diet pills. They either don't work or have awful side effects. In all cases, like other drugs, they will mess up your metabolism and your body won't be able to function naturally without them any more.