I had willpower last night

Options
We had some people over last night for dinner and a movie. We normally don't keep pop in the house but my bf ran out and got some for our guests. I had planned to drink water and had my calories all set for the night, but that can of pepsi was calling my name. So I said screw it and asked for a pop. A second later the image of me sweating my brains out at the gym popped in my head and I didn't want to undo all my hardwork, so I said nevermind, and got my water. It was sooooo hard, I wanted a pepsi so bad but I didn't give in, I am so proud of myself!

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good job! You SHOULD be proud of yourself! :drinker:
  • LPNlauren
    Options
    Good job, that is so hard to do! I am a nurse at a nursing home and you can imagine the sweets that are coming in the door right now and being plopped right up at the nurses station! LOL, keep up the good work!
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :happy:

I had a similar temptation last night: I got stuck in the elevator with my neighbor and his 6 year old son, who was eating a huge chocolate cupcake. Sugar is a weakness of mine and I wanted to scream! Instead, I sat it out and rewarded myself with half a cup of apple sauce after dinner--and it was the best apple sauce ever. I bet that water tasted like victory for you, too!
  • caseybreunig
    caseybreunig Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Will power is so hard, but so great when it works!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :drinker: I promise it will get easier. I used to drink at least one can of soda a day. I've got it down to maybe one a week now. I really don't even miss it. It's now a special treat. But like you said, when you think about how much you have to do to "earn" it, you start to question if it is worth it. As you learned last night, it's not worth it! :happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    nice!
  • bortass
    bortass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • melhealthy
    melhealthy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Good for you!!! As I read your post I was drinking a Coke. I am pouring it down the drain and getting a glass of water!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Last night was really hard in my house for many reasons I won't go into. I had a very low calorie day. In the evening, I went into the kitchen and ate a Fiber One bar and then a granola bar. Lots of fat in that. But my point is that I ate number one cause I didn't have any veggies and was hungry. And two, I ate from stress. That's such a hard one for me. Even hours later after something very upsetting, it's like I can't truly take the hurt away without eating. I need a shrink. :laugh:

No, actually, I should have gotten on my knees and prayed. :smile:

So anyways, good for you. Stay with it.:flowerforyou:
  • Claudina
    Claudina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good inspiration, thank you for that. :) (I'm just re-starting my myfitness pal membership and my effort to lose/get in shape).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!