New here and looking for advice and support!

Options
vwdyess
vwdyess Posts: 12 Member
Hello! I am looking for anyone who is willing to offer advice and support for my weight loss goal. Due to injuries, I can only do light exercising. I have been cooking/eating a lot healthier, and do light exercising such as walking, riding bikes, and low cardio exercises. My 11 year old daughter has been such a huge support for me these last several weeks and has really enjoyed exercising with me.

Replies

• Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP! I joined this site in February and love it. I have lost about 20lbs and have gained a new perspective on life. I am doing a triathlon in a few weeks, something I would have NEVER done before. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help motivate each other. Have a great day!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me...I'm on almost every day and if you ever need recipe or food ideas, I'm usually a good resource :)
  • LINDAJHALL
    Options
    while I'm not new, I used this site a while back and lost 19 lbs! now, however, after slacking for about a year, I am afraid to get back onthe scale. going exercising today and going to try and be honest about what I eat. would just like support and someone to be accountable to! and good luckt to you!
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome! People here are (mostly) very supportive! When you exercise, are you able to get your heart rate up, or are you not to that point yet? Take it a step at a time, just keep those steps going in the right direction. Diet is big when you can't exercise off too many calories. I will add you as a friend, but know that the people on this site can be most helpful to you if you "open" your food and excercise diaries to them so that they can see what you are doing and give you advice based on that.
    Good luck and congrats for making your health a priority!
    Cheers!
  • SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP!

Feel free to add me as a friend, and we can help motivate each other! I am in a similar situation, as I had a back injury in April, and am still recovering. I am restricted to a recumbent bike, swimming, and the elliptical machine...although, I am dying to get back on the treadmill for a run!!!
  • suzetteevette
    Options
    My daughter introduced me to Yoga, which is low impact and at a very heavy weight I am able to try lots of poses and am noticing more strength and fexibility. I also have more balance and it has helped my core strength. You and your daughter may enjoy doing yoga together. I also do the resistance bands, found some at walmart for a good price, I think it came with a video. Keep checking online for exercises also. Good luck. :}
  • aclark316
    aclark316 Posts: 66
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I love knew friends and love being there to help support those on the same weight loss train as me! I have also started a new way of exercising that may help you. It is totally fun and pretty low impact. Hula Hooping! I bought a 2.5lb weighted hoop from walmart (danskin brand) and it really gives me a good workout. Plus it is suggested for people that need a low impact way of burning some cals. I use it mainly because 1. i love hooping and 2. i can do it while my babes are sleeping and it is quiet enough not to wake them up. I bet it is something that your daughter would enjoy to do with you!
  • DJRichCT
    DJRichCT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've lost 93 pounds since last year... approximately 8 months it took me to lose the weight. I know how difficult it can be. MyFitnessPal really works... by keeping track of not only calories, but of protein, carbs, etc., it really helps you see where you can improve your diet. Don't get discouraged, if you keep eating right and exercising, you'll get to your goal weight. I only have another 30 pounds to go (I'm 6'4" so I can weight more). I started to lose weight before using MyFitnessPal, but the website really helped me a lot! :smile:
  • vwdyess
    vwdyess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support and advice! Also, has anyone tried Zumba? My daughter really wants to try it too. I have cervical disc issues in my neck so do you think it would be okay?
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    Welcome to my fitness. Sorry to hear you have been injured. Hope you are feeling better soon. This program is such an encouraging program. And it keeps me accountable! Feel free to add me as a friend, if you like. Victoria:flowerforyou:
  • kaylachristine1016
    kaylachristine1016 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    get a pedometer, lovely. i got mine at walmart for $9.00. |(it measures distance, calories and steps taken) it helps so much, and youre more inclined to walk a little more when you're wearing it