Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Delicious Chicken Taco Recipe!

Positive_Energy73
Positive_Energy73 Posts: 51 Member
Okay, so I am always trying to find new ways to prepare chicken breast since I'm sick to death of the ole Foreman Grill method! :explode:

I decided to make tacos using boiled skinless, boneless chicken breast and my family loves it! It's also very low fat and tasty! I thought I'd share it w/ you guys.

You will need:

4-5 chicken breast
1 tsp Paprika
Black Pepper (as desired)

Simmer chicken breast and spices in a pot of water until tender. I usually cook mine for about 45 minutes.

Drain water off meat, leaving just a small amount in the pot and put chicken back in pot. Take 2 forks and shred the chicken breasts.

Season chicken with 1 pkg of low sodium taco seasoning mix and let simmer for approx 10 minutes.

Prepare tacos as you'd normally prepare them and enjoy!!

Replies

• Sounds good! I cannot wait to try! Thanks for sharing!
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Thank you
  • Gilligan67
    Gilligan67 Posts: 8 Member
    good idea. I will try that. sounds better than ground turkey.
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Even easier (for me) is to put the chicken breasts (I use frozen) in a crock pot. Cover with a can of Rotel or plain diced tomatoes and add a packet of taco seasoning. Let it cook and then shred before serving. It's probably the same outcome, but a different method of preparation depending on your time! So delicious!
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    I do the crockpot method with rotel as well but I also add black beans :)
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    I like all these suggestions! Thanks
  • Maricela526
    Maricela526 Posts: 13 Member
    sounds yummy!!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    I do the crockpot method with rotel as well but I also add black beans :)

Yum! I'm going to try this!