Arctic Zero 150 calorie ice cream pints

Options

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the taste, I prefer 'So delicious.'
    SAME. HERE. I'm addicted to the cookie dough one. *-*!
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    yea- i hate it. my mother-in-law loves it, though~ i'd rather have 150 cal of light ice cream or a weight watchers ice cream treat or skinny cow ice cream treat than the whole pint. when we found out about arctic zero i literally got money from everyone at work and went to a very distant natural foods shop on my lunch. aaand everyone was sad. lol---but perhaps you will love it! so, don't let us discourage you! it's like an italian ice-ish more than ice cream- not creamy at all! and the strawberry tastes like strawberry medifast shakes!
  • socalsweetheart87
    socalsweetheart87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    NOTHING "diet" tastes as good as the real thing...:(
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Real ice cream > Arctic Zero (doesn't taste very good imo)

this.
    plus it's like 5 bucks or more for a pint.

I like the B&J frozen greek yogurt.

Not ICE CREAM at all. It's overpriced frozen protein shake.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero is garbage. They claim to have no dairy but were just recalled from Kroger because they do indeed contain dairy.

I love Arctic Zero...especially the mint chocolate cookie which reminds me of a Girl Scout cookies. As for the recall, they voluntarily recalled pints before 2/2012 as they contain whey protein which is a derivative of milk. All pints produced after Feb 2012 have proper labelinng

Are they as good as real ice cream? Not even close! But for someone like me that gets very, very sick from sugar or too much fat, they are the best subsitute.
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    I absolutely love this stuff, although only the chocolate peanut butter flavor. I eat it with a couple tablespoons of PB2 and unsweetened almond milk, and it tastes absolutely phenomenal like that, all mashed up in a bowl, LOL. I also add it to smoothies sometimes to give them a frozen chocolate kick. It has 20 grams of protein for the whole container.

They were voluntarily recalled because they didn't specify clearly enough on the label that "whey protein," which is a derivative of dairy, affects people with milk allergies.

Does it taste like ice cream? Nah, not really -- it doesn't have the creamy mouth-feel. But it's awesome to sit my butt down and eat a whole pint of it in one go -- it's a delicious frozen dessert even if it's not THE delicious frozen dessert (ice cream, I bow to thee).
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I've eaten it. For 150 calories it's freakin awesome.

Haters gonna hate... etc.
  • rsparks38
    rsparks38 Posts: 51
    Options
    I tried one a year or so ago. It made me super depressed. It tasted like they took all the happy out.
    If you want low carb ice cream, make it yourself.

This!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The states has SO many awesome low cal options! Not fair. We don't get this in Canada :(

My thoughts exactly! I can never find anything good like 45 calorie bread, Arnold sandwich thins, low calorie butter spray, oh the list could go on LOL. We are quite limited on product availability except for good old fashioned meat, produce and dairy with the odd "diet" product in the mix ;)
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just eat the real stuff. Portion control. Fake stuff tastes like crap
    Options
    I've eaten it. For 150 calories it's freakin awesome.

Haters gonna hate... etc.

Huh??? Haters gonna hate? Wtf, who's hating ?!?!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The states has SO many awesome low cal options! Not fair. We don't get this in Canada :(

My thoughts exactly! I can never find anything good like 45 calorie bread, Arnold sandwich thins, low calorie butter spray, oh the list could go on LOL. We are quite limited on product availability except for good old fashioned meat, produce and dairy with the odd "diet" product in the mix ;)

Consider yourself blessed :) It's all processed to death and has little nutrition anyway.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    I have the cookies and cream....it's OKAY but I'd rather do skinny cow or some other low cal sweet. I would NEVER be able to eat the whole pint so I figured 30 someodd cals for a half cup is not too bad. Can't really eat any more that 2 spoonfulls at a time though since it's incredibly sweet. Some of the other flavors mentioned on here sound pretty good but the 5 bucks a pint fixes me from purchasing again!
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    I've had the chocolate chip, chocolate and peanut butter. The taste is okay....it's not actually ice cream, but it helped me with my cravings. You do have to let the pints thaw a bit before you chow down! LOL I've bent a couple spoons trying to dig in!
    Options

Consider yourself blessed :) It's all processed to death and has little nutrition anyway.

My thoughts exactly!!
  • ssnowdon76
    ssnowdon76 Posts: 19
    Options

Post of the day! Low calorie butter spray? *shudder*
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the posts above. It is not ice cream at all. It even says it on the container that it is "Ice Cream Replacement". It is not bad for a low cal snack on a hot day, but real ice cream is bazillion times better. The price is what keeps me away for the most part.

I want to make and freeze a regular protein shake and see how that turns out. That is now on my to-do list for this weekend.
  • datikihut21
    datikihut21 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Alright, guys. Between price and the lack of taste, you talked me out of it. BUT I am definitely going to try making something similar.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I want to make and freeze a regular protein shake and see how that turns out. That is now on my to-do list for this weekend.

I do this on a fairly routine basis, although sometimes, they only make it to the 'slushy' phase. IME, it comes out best when you add stuff to make it a little creamier - Greek yogurt, mango, banana, even chia seeds. I've considered, but never got around to adding a little instant pudding mix. That might also help with how it feels in the mouth.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love it but I can't eat ice cream anyway. The mint cookie one is a little too icy for me but chocolate pb and cookies and cream is the bomb dot com :)