WHOA! I ate HOW much?

Options
:noway:

Hello! I joined yesterday after feeling completely baffled as to why I'm not losing weight. I eat healthy food -- I just never realized I ate so much of it! WOW! Eye-opening! I went over by 500 calories!!! You bet your butt I will be cutting back now. Thank you MYFITNESSPAL! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• stemab3
    stemab3 Posts: 58
    Options
    Welcome, I'm failrly new here also and it's amazing to see how much you actually eat when your write it all down.

Best of luck and feel free to add me! Us shoe lovers need to support each other...lol :happy:
  • PacificSunsetXO
    Options
    Thank you! :happy: It truly is amazing too see how much I was eating. Day 2 here on MFP and I made a few changes already!
  • dispatchbug
    dispatchbug Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I knew I ate badly when I joined in January, but it is very surprising how much you can go over with even seemingly healthy options. That is what surprised me the most - just what was my caloric killers.

Good luck on your journey to a healthier life. :o)
  • jayne12469
    jayne12469 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm failrly new here also and it's amazing to see how much you actually eat when your write it all down.

Best of luck and feel free to add me! Us shoe lovers need to support each other...lol :happy:

Fellow shoe lover and newbie here, too! Please feel free to add me. :-)

PS: OMG @ both of your profile pics...I need those!
  • PacificSunsetXO
    Options
    @dipatchbug: Thank you! :smile: I ate the same stuff today that I did yesterday but with just a few minor changes I was able to cut 300 calories from my diet so far! It's all about the portions. It is such a good feeling. I'm very excited and motivated!
  • LittleRedBird18
    LittleRedBird18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good job! I am new here too, and it is nice to know that there are others starting off at the same place that I am. Until you see it on paper, it is hard to know what is really going into your body. I am learning to cut out those little things as well. Goodbye, prime rib at work, lol. Keep up the good work :).
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I felt the same way. I thought I was a pretty healthy eater, other than the occasional McDonalds splurge. But then I realized those nutritional labels for cereal are like, 3/4 cup as a serving. I prob ate 2-3 cups at a time- several times a day! Definitely eye opening. I couldn't figure out why I had so much fat when I thought I was eating so healthily.
  • PacificSunsetXO
    Options
    @ramiejo35: Prime rib sounds so tempting! YOU MUST RESIST!!!
    @abbylg1983: Girl, that 3/4 cup cereal portion hit me like a ton of bricks! LOL! I was also doing the 2-3 cups!
  • LittleRedBird18
    LittleRedBird18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    When I found out what the difference between a 3 oz. portion of prime rib vs. chicken breast, I quit eating it! Except the occasional bite hear and there (blush). I work at a restaurant, so making good choices is hard when you are surrounded by bad choices all day long!