Replies

• finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    Great info!
  • vtachycardia
    vtachycardia Posts: 374
    Options
    A balance diet means more fruits, veggies, lean protiens and whole grains. But how often do you need to eat certain fruits and veggies? Some are higher in sugar and fats. What types of vitamins and minerals are in them and how do they affect our body? If anyone on here has knowledge of such things, please feel free to share. ;)

Yes, Mr Kellogs wants you to believe that whole grains are an essential part of a balanced diet.

Thing you should know, there are essential fatty acids, there are essential amino acids. Vitamins and minerals are found in fat and protein. Offal is a particualrly good source of most of the vitamins and minerals our body needs, There is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate. The liver converts fat or carbs into glycogen

sugars can be burnt by the body for energy or converted to fat in order to be used during famine. Fat is turned into sugars when needed.

Protein is not stored by the body. It is converted to muscle, repairs muscle, helps vital organs run and when is then converted into all sorts of wonderous chemicals.
  • becabean
    becabean Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i was always told if you dont have something nice to say dont say nothing at all and its people that dont think like that that make me not want to write on here if i want help or advise as i already dont have confidence in myself for other reasons and dont need to be made feel stupid or small!

thank you for posting this to help others and for thinking of others its very nice of you :flowerforyou:
  • Lgrose
    Lgrose Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful info! :)
  • Lgrose
    Lgrose Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree about not posting on these things. Usually I don't, but felt she was being attacked for trying to be helpful. I felt bad for her, so I wanted to prove a point for others not to belittle people or say they're wrong, when they aren't being helpful in any way really. I really appreciate when I can learn things. And whether it's true or not, it's good to eat these natural whole foods anyway for their vits and minerals and how they help us function all around. I've been told that foods help with hormones as well, through vitamins. So does exercise. Point being, when you eat healthy foods, get the vits you need through them, mostly (it's hard to do sometimes), and exercise, it can put the body in balance and then in return, it helps you feel better and WANT to exercise more. :)
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I agree about not posting on these things. Usually I don't, but felt she was being attacked for trying to be helpful. I felt bad for her, so I wanted to prove a point for others not to belittle people or say they're wrong, when they aren't being helpful in any way really. I really appreciate when I can learn things. And whether it's true or not, it's good to eat these natural whole foods anyway for their vits and minerals and how they help us function all around. I've been told that foods help with hormones as well, through vitamins. So does exercise. Point being, when you eat healthy foods, get the vits you need through them, mostly (it's hard to do sometimes), and exercise, it can put the body in balance and then in return, it helps you feel better and WANT to exercise more. :)

I agree...and suddenly I'm really craving a big salad! I have romaine, cukes, celery, carrots, tomatos, radishes, shrimp, pumpkin seeds...oh it's going to be good!!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    9. Horseradish - It has an amazing effect of dissolving fat in cells (no side effects) and also as a cleansing effect on the body.

No side effects? I guess they never had a tablespoon of straight freshly ground horseradish.
  • michelleraber
    Options
    I loved your post...most of the foods that you listed in your post are considered "power foods" that should be included in everyones diet. All of the "green" foods that you listed are high in fiber and work as a natural "intestinal flush" food and low in calories. Garlic is another excellent food to put in you diet because it boost your immune system and it promotes healthy liver function. After my heart attack and I was put on 5 different medications, that was the first food that my cardiologist told me include in my diet so I did not kill my liver.

Now whether or not these foods break down fat deposits, MOST of them are power foods, and should be included in your diet. As far as the person who keeps on being a jerk, if you don't think that someone's post is relevant or true, learn to be a little nicer. This is after all a forum and no one will post if people are continually mean and negative towards them.

Thank you again for the post!!!!:flowerforyou: