What new tricks can you do??

Options
melbrown22
melbrown22 Posts: 53 Member
I am about 60% to my goal and I have realized that I can do things that I wasn't able to do before losing the weight! Last night I watched a movie with my legs crossed (comfortably) the entire time! The day before that, I played catch with my son in the backyard (throwing a baseball...HARD!). I surprised myself by holding the plank position for 60 seconds without falling! BUT...the best is that I am able to wear a sundress that fit me before I was married (14 yrs ago!) SO...what about YOU?? What new tricks can you do???

Replies

• cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    yoga. i could have never done yoga 25 pounds ago!
  • Sarahwillow
    Sarahwillow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 9 pounds but I can reach the ground a lot easier. I have just enough more energy that I notice, I stand up straighter when I walk and I smile a lot more these last few days. I love this feeling!!
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I can bend over and paint my toenails without having to stop (ya know.. because my belly would start to cramp from being bent over) :laugh:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I can put my feet behind my head, I can almost get back into a split, I can do a back bend once again, and I can do handstands again. I broke my arm in 2007 pretty bad, the big bone on my forearm broke into 2 pieces when a truck landed on top of it, bad car accident, should have killed me but yup just took some movement from my right arm. Today I have more movement in it then I was suppose to regain. I was told I'd be lucky to have 80% back, I have 2 plates and some pens in my arm, I would have never tried to do a hand stand or a cartwheel when I was bigger in fear I'd damage my arm more, but I have recently done it, and I can do both a cartwheel and a handstand. OH And I can stand on my head.

I can also do 60 real manly push ups when I use to never could do 1 of them :D
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Tie my shoes without sitting down or losing my breath.
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Push ups, I can touch my toes and I can do a very wobbly extended wheel yoga position!
  • AstyPasty
    AstyPasty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can bend over and paint my toenails without having to stop (ya know.. because my belly would start to cramp from being bent over) :laugh:

^^ This!!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I was able to paint my toe nails. Before I would get as much paint on my toes as on the nails because I couldn't get close enough because my belly was in the way.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't get too specific, or the thread might get locked. Let's just say I'm much more strong and nimble in the bedroom. :laugh:
  • melbrown22
    Options
    I can put my feet behind my head, I can almost get back into a split, I can do a back bend once again, and I can do handstands again. I broke my arm in 2007 pretty bad, the big bone on my forearm broke into 2 pieces when a truck landed on top of it, bad car accident, should have killed me but yup just took some movement from my right arm. Today I have more movement in it then I was suppose to regain. I was told I'd be lucky to have 80% back, I have 2 plates and some pens in my arm, I would have never tried to do a hand stand or a cartwheel when I was bigger in fear I'd damage my arm more, but I have recently done it, and I can do both a cartwheel and a handstand. OH And I can stand on my head.

I can also do 60 real manly push ups when I use to never could do 1 of them :D

WOW!!! This is awesome! :wink:
  • melbrown22
    Options
    I probably shouldn't get too specific, or the thread might get locked. Let's just say I'm much more strong and nimble in the bedroom. :laugh:

Never a bad thing! :wink:
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Eight months ago, no one could see my belt buckle. Now, I can look down and see it (and other important stuff). :blushing: Also, I can cross my legs at the knees, stand up from a chair without grabbing or pushing on something, and touch my toes (which I also couldn't see before).
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I can do regular push ups. Taking the 100 push up challenge.
    Chase around my children without sucking wind.
    Have dance parties with my 3 1/2 year old. I've taught her some serious (ok, seriously funny) moves.
    Much more confident and enthusiastic when being intimate with my husband.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!