I guess it's true what they say..

Options
katamus
katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
I've been on MFP for about a month and a half now and half of my friends list has fallen off the wagon. I keep seeing "so and so hasn't logged in for X days.."

I'd like some friends who are serious here. I plan on staying on MFP long after I reach my goal *look* and would love to have some people to chit chat with, share ideas, and positively support each other. As in, I can't say "great job!" when you eat nothing but fast food and claim "walking up stairs, 2 minutes" as exercise because you live in an apartment. But would love to see good recipes for healthy food and cool workouts I haven't tried before.

No, my diary is not perfect. But I'm a lot better than I was before.

Anyway, add me if you're an active user and addicted to MFP. :)

Replies

• sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I was just going to say "Add me, I'm never giving up!!" but then I realized you're already on my friends list. hahaha
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want, I am always commenting and chatting with my friends list!!! I don't post my food diary tho, Its personal for me and I feel weird about strangers monitoring what I eat.... so add if you want, if not that's cool and good luck!!!!
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Above all, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!

• majlinda89
    majlinda89 Posts: 10
    Options
    Feel free to add me i dont think im everrrrr getting of this site i make it a habbit :)) I could always use motavation and support for these last 20-25 pounds
  • bailyc
    bailyc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I log in everyday!
  • Karla_Witha_K
    Karla_Witha_K Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Trust me...when I do make my goal look/weight I'm not going anywhere. I know just how hard it is to lose it, why would I stop once I reached it? Feel free to add me :)
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I log in daily and I try to provide advice to my friends where I can.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    Add me if you'd like - I've got a long journey ahead of me, but I'm not giving up!
  • KatiaClouse
    KatiaClouse Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Add me, I log in every day (and I TOTALLY get the frustration of "so-and-so-i.e.-my-husband" hasn't logged in in 5 days) and go to the gym daily. My food diary is probably laughably bad, but something seems to be working!
  • dudleyclan
    dudleyclan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am on mfp everyday to log my workout and food. I am always looking for motivational friends. Add me if you like.
  • chubbachub
    chubbachub Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Add me, I've been on for over a year but all my friends on here have pretty much fallen off the wagon too - so looking for some new friends who are motivated like me.
  • darnnells
    darnnells Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm new to the site, but I having been doing MFP on my Ipad for the last week. So far I've lost 2.6 pounds. Please add me so that I can get the hang of everything and stay motivated and motivate you.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I"m here everyday! Feel free to add me, as well!:happy:
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    MFP just told me that I can't add more than 5 friends every 10 minutes! Terrible. Thank you all for the support, I'll be adding in the next 30 minutes I guess. Haha.
  • lmr2526
    lmr2526 Posts: 12
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just started a day shy of a week now and I'm down 2lbs, 30 to go! I sure could use some friendly motivation! :smile: