Exercising while out of town?

Options
whierd
whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
My job occasionally requires a lot of time out of town for two weeks at a time. I've found that a lot of places I go don't have hotels with fitness rooms. I was wondering what other "road warriors" here do to keep up their routines.

Replies

• crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    When I'm on the road for work - I take my laptop with me so I can do insanity...or go for a run.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i don't go away often at all, but when i do, i love walking the new neighborhoods. i usually take a 20 to 30 minute walk in the morning and another in the evening. perhaps, tho, for me, since i go away with friends, it is the peace and quiet i enjoy more than the exercise itself.
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yeah, either laptop or portable dvd player and an exercise dvd. Do you have any you like that don't require equipment? I'm going to Vegas next weekend and I will be taking a Jillian Michaels dvd with me to do in the hotel room (hopefully). While you may not have the same kind of options you would have in a gym something is always better than nothing!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    A laptop or portable DVD player will allow you to exercise using work out videos.

You can always go for a run/jog/walk.

Or create your own exercise plan that doesn't require weights?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cathe's Travel Fit is a DVD made for travel

Kelly Coffey Meyer's Body Training is all body weight ... no equipment required.

Resistance bands (no handle) or cords (handles) are great for travel, they come in different resistance levels .... lots of ideas on line (youtube) for those.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Pick up some resistance bands.

lots of stuff you can do for a couple of days just to keep yourself active.
  • superfitconball
    superfitconball Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For a quick and good workout on the road that doesn't need any equipment I do:

100 burpees
    100 body weight squats
    100 situps