almond milk

Options
di2losew8
di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
Hi all,
I have never drank almond milk before but seeing so many shake recipes with it. What kind do you all use...I have seen unsweetened and sweetened, flavored and unflavored. I have also seen almond milk in the refrigerator section and on the shelf. What is the best to buy? TIA

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Not much experience but I get blue diamond unsweetened. 40 cal per cup. It's on the shelf but I always put in the fridge after I open it. IDK if that is necesary, but I do it anyway. :) I just grabbed one for a recipe one day and have been happy with ith.
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Blue Diamond vanilla unsweetened on my cereal, oatmeal and just for drinking. I like it very much! Also tried the Silk Almond unsweetened and it was ok too.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I use the blue diamond unsweetened...I have been really happy with it.
  • Megatoine
    Megatoine Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am a Silk Unsweetened girl. I use it on cereal and its PERFECT in my protein shakes with berries. You can't beat the calorie count!!
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I use the Silk unsweetened vanilla. It is only 35 calories per cup.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Silk unsweetened is my favorite.

Some people find it tastes weird at first, but if you're thinking of using it in smoothies you probably won't even notice! Maybe look into the 1L instead of the 2L though, as once opened it doesn't last all that long (a week, I think?)
  • Ashleyrist
    Ashleyrist Posts: 21
    Options
    I like Blue Diamond, unsweetened. I use it everywhere where I would use cow's milk!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I didn't even try the sweetened. I went straight for the unsweetened vanilla almond. So not sure how much of a difference there would be between them.
    I prefer Blue Diamond over Silk (Silk is the brand in the refrigerated section). It just tastes better/sweeter to me.
    I also like Trader Joes brand if you are fortunate to have one close to you.

Blue Diamond chocolate is also good for shakes and I drank a glass of it by itself. Not bad. :-)
  • luvdogz
    luvdogz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use the Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla from the refrigerated section. Love it! I use it in my coffee, smoothies and cereal.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I drink Silk's unsweetened vanilla and I love it. It's 30 calories (used to be 35, they just changed it) and it's awesome in cereal. I also mix 2 cups of it with my protein shake.
  • kattymatt
    kattymatt Posts: 20
    Options
    Silk Pure Almond Vanilla
    I would like to try the unsweetened, but they do not carry that in the local grocery here.
  • juliebling
    Options
    Making your own almond milk is the best! It's so easy and soooo much more delicious than anything bought!
    and it's fresh! no preservatives!
    here's a recipe: I don't add sweetener to mine.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Almond-Milk