Today is the day - I REACHED MY GOAL WEIGHT! (w/pics!)

Options

Replies

• Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP on January 11, 2012. This is me about 2 weeks prior to joining. I am assuming my weight was around 200 lbs. My official starting weight on MFP was 197.

IMG_3574.jpg

And this is me today - 37 pounds lighter. I attribute my weight loss to my running, and of course, my eating. I did C25K, and also used our Total Gym here and there. I tried to make healthier choices when it came to food. I drank tons of water. I did not deprive myself of ANYTHING. If I wanted to eat it, I did, just in moderation.

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

FACE COMPARISON:

Before:
    Untitled-4.jpg

After:
    Untitled-1.jpg

Stats (I'm 5'3"):

January 2012:
    Weight: 197
    Waist: 40
    Hips: 46
    Clothing Size: 14/16 Bottoms, XL Shirts

July 2012:
    Weight: 160
    Waist: 34.5
    Hips: 41
    Clothing Size: 8/10 Bottoms, M Shirts

I have never been this small my entire adult life. I am loving the way that I look and feel, and I never want to go back to the girl I was before. I love that I have made myself a priority, and I enjoy getting out and being active as a part of my regular day. I ran my first 5k last weekend, and it feels so good to have accomplished BOTH of the goals that I set for myself.

I'm not finished yet :) I think I want to see what 150 looks on me. I plan to start strength training in the coming weeks.

For those of you just beginning your journey, or those of you who are ready to give up - DON'T!!! You CAN do it!!

WOW WOW!!!!
    You look TOTES amazing!!!!!!
    I love that you have a gorgeous trim body yet still have lush curves!
    Really have a lump in my throat at how great you look and feel.
    Well done, you were very very pretty before and now you are stunning. Good for you babes x
  • cm4508
    cm4508 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good job, you look amazing!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:

You look great! I'm also 5' 3" and started right around the same place as you...currently 174ish....hoping to get to 150....can't wait to be there!!!
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow ... just, WOW! I am blown away by all of the compliments that are here for me. I literally am teary-eyed reading through them.

My reason for posting this was certainly not to get compliments from complete strangers, but to hopefully help to motivate others who need a little push. Thank you MFP peeps for being so supportive and encouraging.

And - I think there were about 30 posters who asked: the dress is from Ross :)
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Your adorable!!!! You look great :)
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :happy:
  • onebumknee
    Options
    Well i must confess i am the not so motivated husband of this incredibly hot and amazing wife and mommy! She is a great and dedicated woman and strong willed (believe me i know :). Getting up at the crack of dawn to go for runs and it has paid off. I have been observing her along this journey and I tell her often how incredibly proud i am of her and her accomplishments. She has tried to encourage me to get on the wagon and start working out regularly with her and start running. I have resisted but after reading all of these wonderful encouraging posts i must confess, how can i live out of shape any longer with such a success story right there beside me? We attended a funeral today and heard a quote from the pastor that seems to sit somewhere special with me and seems fitting, "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good." well i know you and i will be changing for good! We have been together since our junior year in High School (15 yrs) I Cant and Wont put off getting healthier any longer! So Proud of you, Now its my time to make you proud of me!

Love ya, JW
  • MaryChaCha
    MaryChaCha Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You give all of us inspiration and hope
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am just so inspired by you right now! Awesome job. Very well done.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Well i must confess i am the not so motivated husband of this incredibly hot and amazing wife and mommy! She is a great and dedicated woman and strong willed (believe me i know :). Getting up at the crack of dawn to go for runs and it has paid off. I have been observing her along this journey and I tell her often how incredibly proud i am of her and her accomplishments. She has tried to encourage me to get on the wagon and start working out regularly with her and start running. I have resisted but after reading all of these wonderful encouraging posts i must confess, how can i live out of shape any longer with such a success story right there beside me? We attended a funeral today and heard a quote from the pastor that seems to sit somewhere special with me and seems fitting, "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good." well i know you and i will be changing for good! We have been together since our junior year in High School (15 yrs) I Cant and Wont put off getting healthier any longer! So Proud of you, Now its my time to make you proud of me!

Love ya, JW

That is just so sweet!!! Good luck to you too..
  • MaryChaCha
    MaryChaCha Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! You can do it!
  • melsal9902
    melsal9902 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    congratulations. You really look good and you are an inspiration. I love when you say that you do not deprive yourself. If you want it you eat it in moderation. GREAT POINT. Good Luck on the next leg of your journey.:happy:
  • danabromley
    danabromley Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulation you're an inspiration, you look amazing.:smile:
  • amara29
    amara29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW! YOU LOOK GREAT! You inspire me to reach my goal, Thankz!
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! well done i'm so pleased for you you look amazing and so healthy and happy!! you have inspired so many people thank you for sharing your story!! :smile:
  • borninbcn
    borninbcn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! well done!!!
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You are so cute and look healthy. If you feel like going for 150, then go for it. I am 5'3.25" and I am shooting for the low 140's or high 130's. I will see how I feel and look. I am significantly older than you and I might not like my face at that weight. I really liked myself in the low 150's. It has been too many years since I have felt good in my own skin... We will see.
    Thanks for sharing your pictures and story. I know many will benefit from it.

Debbie
  • brownsugah76010
    Options
    Good for you. You're another inspiration for me to continue on until I reach MY goal!! I hope to be able to post pics that show such a dramatic change. YOU look awesome!!
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thank you again everyone for the kind and encouraging words! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!