new to this and need friends

Options
hey there, I'm two weeks into myfitnesspal and need friends. I'd love to share food ideas especially what you do when you crave something sweet. looking forward to hearing from you....

Replies

• colawoman
    colawoman Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm new too - but look like I'm a lot further away from my goal than you!! But I can't wait to see all the secrets others will share - thanks in advance for starting this post.
  • kimhere
    kimhere Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been here for awhile and am working on losing the weight. I love having people to go through the journey with so add me if you would like :)
  • srfmom
    srfmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this as well!! I like what I see on this site and my co worker uses it, so I thought I would give it a try. Add me if you want. We are all in this together and we need to support each other!
  • aclark316
    aclark316 Posts: 66
    Options
    I love new friends!! feel free to add me. i am just starting week two on mfp.
  • aclark316
    aclark316 Posts: 66
    Options
    if anyone out there would like extra support add me as a friend! i visit the site pretty often and always like new friends to help encourage! i love the motivation from others just like ya'll do. Good luck! and Stay Strong!!!
  • khoppeher
    khoppeher Posts: 4
    Options
    To lptzlosebug - I started on this 1 week ago and am really (finally!) motivated to do well, eating right and walking in the mornings. You asked about sweet treats - I usually crave cookies but stopped bringing them into the house several months ago (in an effort to help everyone at home eat healthier), and I no longer crave them. Since starting MyFitnessPal last week, when I want something sweet I go for fresh watermelon (that I have sliced ahead of time and keep in the fridge), strawberries and blueberries (blues are exceptionally good for your health), or 2 tbls of reduced fat peanut butter with a few small pretzels for dipping.
  • jewlray
    jewlray Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi -

My name is Julie and I just joined the site. I am 45 and at my highest weight was 293. I lost 30 on my own and then had gastric bypass surgery 3 1/2 yrs ago. I lost 145 lbs total. My ideal weight is about 155. I met the man of my dreams a year and a half ago and I have put back on 15 lbs over the past year.....I am getting married on Sept. 29, so my goal is to lose the 15lbs. I just joined planet fitness and I am going to do their 30 min. circuit training at least 3 days a week.

I can use all the friends I can get!!!!! Get luck to everyone!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm back on here too...so feel free to add me as well. We could all use the motivation :)
  • sexkitten1985
    Options
    newbie too please add me any recipe ideas welcome x
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    Hi everyone, feel free to add me if you'd like to... I'm on here daily and would enjoy seeing other people's food and exercise diaries to get new ideas and keep the motivation going:smile:
  • bulldogmom99
    Options
    Hi there I'm just starting today and would liek to see if I can get some new friends that can help me with food ideas and etc please feel free to add me as a friend and I will do the same.
  • Jessieday4
    Options
    Im new here just started today and could do with some slimming buddies
  • amara29
    amara29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amara. I say if you want to eat something sweet GO 4 IT! If not grab a fruit.
  • fireflye38
    fireflye38 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, been on here for a while but not used lately. Need some motivation and a kick up the **** from time to time, so please add me and give me that important kick.
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    The Chocolate Rice Cakes aren't half bad, give them a try!
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello. I welcome having some more people on my "friend roster." Ideally, I am looking for folks with a supportive and positive orientation, as well as people who just don't want to lose weight, but have some fun while doing it. :) Unfortunately, I've had some problems developing good habits. For every one "good" day I have, I feel like I have three "bad" days. Feel free to add me. I could use the support. I hope this message finds each of you well!
  • Stefanie99
    Stefanie99 Posts: 45
    Options
    1/2 cup of chocolate milk, a cup of hot cocoa, or sugar-free/fat-freejello pudding cups all help me with my sweet cravings. :smile:

Hi, I'm fairly new here also. Friend me if you'd like! Good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1 day old newbe to this site. need friends also. id be friends if you like.
  • bjmer121995
    Options
    Have been part of this site for a couple months, but am looking for friends who want to share more than just saying "way to go" when you meet your goals. I post thoughts and comments at least once per day and would like people who are willing to do the same and help with each others weight loss journeys. Friend me it you like.:flowerforyou:
  • LittleRedBird18
    LittleRedBird18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have found one thing that helps curb my sweet craving. I sprinkle cinnamon on a lot of things these days. The taste makes me think that I have added something sweet to my food without the calories. My favorite is peanut butter sandwiches. I used to need honey or jelly to eat those, but if I sprinkle cinnamon on it, it tastes sweet to me, and I am able to cut out those extra calories. I know it sounds weird, but it seems to help. And I have read that cinnamon is really good for you for lots of reasons.

Also, a glass of milk usually takes away my craving for sugar. Probably cuz it has sugar in it, lol. But it keeps me from wanting the bad sweets. I drink almond milk, not dairy. But I am guess dairy milk would do the same thing?