NON SCALE VACATION VICTORY!!!!

Options
kalegetsfit.blogspot.com

I'm hailing from Chicago today and I've been in Chicago all week, which is probably why I've been so MIA recently. I haven't worked out for about a week now, since I've been on vacation, and I've been staying away from the scale because during the time of the month I gained about 10lbs of weight due to bloating.

While on vacation on Chicago, I've been eating ONLY when hungry, and I've been trying very hard not to overindulge. I haven't been eating as clean as I should be, but I've been trying to eat better. I think Im finally getting a grasp on eating healthier. 3x I've gone out to eat with friends at different restaurants, and EACH TIME..I ate only until I was full and I DIDN'T EAT ALL MY FOOD.

I am so proud of myself!!! This is so new to me, this is the first vacation I have taken in years where my life didn't resolve around food. I wasn't going to weigh myself because I was scared that I had gained weight. I finally weighed myself today, and I actually I've lost 3lbs of bloating from my TOM, and I have yet to work out. I plan on going for a run today in Chicago to maintain the weight loss.

On Tuesday, I went to a pizza restaurant in Chicago and tried their famous deep dish pizzas. I only had ONE piece of pizza. I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF. Usually I eat all I see in front of me until I'm overly stopped and I come back from my trips 8 lbs heavier.

I think this blog and learning how to revamp my relationship with food has been a great experience for me. This trip has taught me that I can eat all sorts of food in moderation and still maintain weight. I leave Chicago on Sunday, and from Now till Sunday, I will:
1. Keep eating everything in moderation.
2. Exercise at least 2x
3. Be proud of myself whatever the scale says on Monday in Saint Louis, because I have taken steps in discipline that I haven't taken in years!

kalegetsfit.blogspot.com

Replies

• lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job! It feels wonderful to be in control. Doesn't it? You have a right to be proud of yourself! No guilt.
  • xafricanqueen07x
    xafricanqueen07x Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job! It feels wonderful to be in control. Doesn't it? You have a right to be proud of yourself! No guilt.

Thanks so much!...It does feel amazing!
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    Well said and congratulations on your loss!!
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    YAY! Good for you! I know the feeling. I'm in maintenance mode and so I really want to be able to take a vacation and indulge and not count my calories at all. One thing that works for me is to 'exercise' like crazy when I'm out of town. But, I put exercise in quotes because I don't go to a gymn or go for a run or do a workout video. Instead, I choose not to rent a car and I walk everywhere. I will rent a bike and go for a long ride exploring the city. I will stay at a hotel with a pool and swim in the heat of the day or the end of a long day of meetings (if it's a business trip). Anyway, I just thought I'd share my tip because being on the road and being disciplined is one of the biggest challenges, isn't it?
  • xafricanqueen07x
    xafricanqueen07x Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    YAY! Good for you! I know the feeling. I'm in maintenance mode and so I really want to be able to take a vacation and indulge and not count my calories at all. One thing that works for me is to 'exercise' like crazy when I'm out of town. But, I put exercise in quotes because I don't go to a gymn or go for a run or do a workout video. Instead, I choose not to rent a car and I walk everywhere. I will rent a bike and go for a long ride exploring the city. I will stay at a hotel with a pool and swim in the heat of the day or the end of a long day of meetings (if it's a business trip). Anyway, I just thought I'd share my tip because being on the road and being disciplined is one of the biggest challenges, isn't it?

Absolutely!!! And exercising is a great idea, it evens out the scale...I'm glad I"m not the only person that goes through this
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great job! You enjoyed yourself but still stayed in control!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!