Insanity UK...no shakeology here...beach body coach..

Hi everyone so the plan is to start insanity I've tried a couple times and wow it was hard so this time im going to try and persevere and carry through BUT being in the UK we do not have access to shakeology and even if we did I heard it is very pricey...

Is there anything else that UK insanity people are having instead of shakeology from the US or can I do without?

I also wanted to get a beach body coach but you have to be from the US too so any info on that would be great or if you would like to be my beach body coach that would be perfect! Lol

Would also love some motivation from insanity peeps from UK!! add me xxx

Replies

• ali_louise
    ali_louise Posts: 14
    Anyone?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I'm doing Insanity. You don't need the shakeology stuff. It's just them trying to make more money.
    Feel free to add, though.
  • LauzUnc
    LauzUnc Posts: 3
    I'm half way through week 6 on insanity....day 39....and i've only ever had water. No supplements or fancy things needed!!!
  • ali_louise
    ali_louise Posts: 14
    Anyone from the uk doing insanity?
  • twoofus13
    twoofus13 Posts: 1
    Hi there

I'm based in UK and I did Insanity and it is/was brilliant. Just had a month off from it for my wedding and I will start again on Monday. I didn't once use shakeology or the results and recovery formula that they always banged on about. Shakeology is just there as a meal supplement in case you don't have time to prepare a meal for yourself. The easy way around this is if you know that you are going to have a busy day then prepare your meals for that day the night before.

The results and recovery formula is, as adini, says is just a way to make more money... pure "chateau de thames" aka H20 is just fine and your results will not be affected. One thing I did do was buy some multivitamins and took one a day and still do. Also purchased whey protein (strawberry flavour) as I found the vanilla berry protein smoothie extremely tasty

It's tough but so much fun and rewarding! I for one thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to starting again soon! Bring it Shaun T
  • snowydog
    snowydog Posts: 16
    I'd recommend chocolate milk from Tesco - research is coming out that shows Milk (choc) to be the best recovery drink ... I studied it in nutrition on my sports science course and I've incorporated it everyday!

Milk has the right ingredients to replenish lost electrolytes during exercise...more carbs and protein that need to be replenished after your workout (don't worry, not enough carbs that you'd put on weight, as long as it's drank in moderation after your workout - try 200ml) ...good for feeding your muscles for recovery that help stimulate growth, rehydrate and rebalance the electrolytes lost through sweat.....
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    I cycle low fat chocolate milk and protein shakes for post recovery work outs.... Shakeology is good stuff but it isn't magic...

Just take a multi vitamin and you will be fine.
  • poicke
    poicke Posts: 1
    I have just opened up a beachbody uk group on facebook in order for people to discuss their sucess stories and recieve guidence or advice while they train. I recently lived in Canada and have moved to england and am so annoyed with the limited supply of beachbody products and support. please become part of my page in order to create awarness for beachbody uk and i am contact with beachbody to try and get it over to UK faster.

Thanks Krista
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Isn't Insanity just an exercise program? If so why do you need to buy all the supplement junk to go with it. Just eat right and forget the hype.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Real Food...
  • phitness
    phitness Posts: 1
    Hi Ali,

I am a Beachbody Coach..if you have any questions..let me know!

-Maria
  • SaffSaad
    SaffSaad Posts: 81
    Real Food...

Pretty much this.

I've completed insanity without all the supplements just make sure you get enough protein.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    I am just on day 2 of Insanity and have no plans for using Shakeology. I drink lots and lots of water and usually have a chocolate Muscle Milk Lite or carb concious protien bar right after my workout. Just stick to your calories, get as much protien as you need and I think you will see results.
  • melbtran
    melbtran Posts: 1
    you can use pulsin whey protein isolate which is not so pricey and it gets good taste too :) hope this helps
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Did he deactivate?
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Did he deactivate?

That was weird. Indeed that user DID!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Did he deactivate?

That was weird. Indeed that user DID!
    That's because the original post is from last year.

It was bumped by the person trying to promote their beachbody Facebook page. :noway:
  • Shaun_257
    Shaun_257 Posts: 1
    I've just finished insanity and am really happy with the results. Had a weeks rest and started yesterday at week 1 again.
    No shakes but always try to have a high protien meal after a workout
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    I'm in the UK and have a beachbody coach. Just look up a US city and post code and sign up at teambeachbody.com I'm lucky that I'm from the states so I just used my old address. Also, you don't need shakeology just incorporate more fruit and veg into your diet. I do p90x and insanity and use whey powder to help me reach my protein goal (I love optimum nutrition double chocolate which is currently on sale on their website and on amazon). If you don't have a problem meeting protein goals then you don't really need a protein powder. I don't eat a lot of meat so it's easier for me to meet my 109g per day with it :)
  • Just about to start insanity, but I am a little confused about the calorie intake.

I am just a tad overweight (Just over 18 stone) but having used the calculations in the insanity nutrition book I need to take in over 2800 calories to loose weight.

This seems like a lot of calories and I am just a little concerned that I wont actually loose weight.

Any advice

Thanks