metallic taste in mouth

Options
has anyone expirenced a metallic taste in there mouth every single day i get that. all day long. I dont take vitamins and i dont drink tap water cuz the water is no good in the park. I do take meds. zoloft, ativan and fish oil.

Replies

• eringirl80
    eringirl80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    pregnancy can cause that. I had it before.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I was using Listerine mouth wash twice a day a while back and that created an awful metallic taste, which when away when I stopped using it so much...I have also heard that sometimes if you have decay in your teeth, or a gum infection it can also cause that taste...or it could be a side effect of the meds, esp if you are getting dry mouth too...Or something else entirely of course, these are just some of the ones I know about.
  • Tlopez428
    Tlopez428 Posts: 115
    Options
    You could hae tonsil stones...look them up. Some people don't realize they have them and they get a metallic taste in their mouth.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Ketosis can cause that. It's just an effect of eating lowish carbs and nothing to worry about. In my opinion, of course. Eat something carby and see if it goes away.
  • jc501
    jc501 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mcarter99!
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sinus issues can cause it too. I get it when my sinuses are inflamed because of allergies
  • LoriInnerStrength
    LoriInnerStrength Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's a classic sign of B12 deficiency - you should get that checked.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options

First thing I thought of...happend to me
  • NiagaraCheryl
    NiagaraCheryl Posts: 56 Member
    Options

First thing I thought of...happend to me

Happened to me as well! :smile:
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I get it when I eat pork. Tastes like I am sucking on pennies... Dr said "dont eat pork"... So I have yet to figure it out. I had labs all were fine... If you find the answer let me know
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    if you're on a very low carb diet.... that can be a sign that ketosis is kicking in.. also your breath might smell a bit like paint thinner....

if thats the case and you dont like it... easy fix, eat some carbs.