Ladies only... TMI alert!

Options
I've recently went low carb (under 100g per day) and have started "spotting" and cramping mid-cycle. I am on the pill so I always have very regular cycles. Has anyone else had this issue? Sorry for how personal this is but its making me a little crazy lol.

5958794.png

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Have you recently changed your pill? That could do it.

Any large change to your diet, stress levels or exercise can play havac on TOM. I'd give it a month and if it keeps happening or gets worse see your Doctor about it.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on the pill for? It could have nothing to do with the low-carbing, it could be that your BC isn't a strong enough hormone for you. I've been on mine for almost 2 years and I still spot occasionally. If it's in your first three months then your body is still getting used to it, and that's normal.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I know if I didnt take mine at the same time everyday I would spot...
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I know if I didnt take mine at the same time everyday I would spot...
    This too, for me.
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i've been on the pill for 5 years. usually i'll spot if i postpone my period for two weeks or so. and i've recently gone low carb about two weeks ago and haven't had trouble--then again, my TOM was last week... are you taking antibiotics? medications could screw with your pill. it also depends on how long you've been on the pill and whatnot too. and yeah, if you don't take it around the same time every day, that could do it.

every little thing can impact your body, even a change in diet. take a pregnancy test if you're worried.
  • adawndowning
    Options
    I've been on the same pill for about 6 months and never miss a day. I'm positive I'm not pregnant so I guess we'll see what happens. It could just be a fluke I'm worrying about for nothing!
  • teampugador
    Options
    I've recently went low carb (under 100g per day) and have started "spotting" and cramping mid-cycle. I am on the pill so I always have very regular cycles. Has anyone else had this issue? Sorry for how personal this is but its making me a little crazy lol.

5958794.png

I've been doing Medifast for about a month and it's essentially low carb. The only thing I noticed was that when my TOM came around it was extremely light compared to how it normally is.
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've been on the same pill for about 6 months and never miss a day.

oh yeahhhh. sounds like your body is still getting used to it. it's nothing to worry about. :) it'll subside over time.