Calling all positive and friendly people!!

Options
I am in great need of support. Ive lost 5 pounds out of 50 which is great i guess, but im getting sore, tired, burnt out , and ive been cheating on my diet way too often in a week!!

ive been under my calorie intake almost every day and have a pretty good deficit in a day but i know i can do better!
im feeling very discouraged =(

I run,swim , do some at home workouts, and weight train at the gym.

What are the absolute best tips you can give for fat loss and why?

and overall i would so appreciate the moral support! im lacking in the friend area in general =/

i know i work best with a creative schedule, sooo any ideas??

Replies

• DraoMhaigh
    DraoMhaigh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far!
    I have another 50 lbs to lose myself so we're in the same boat!
    Okay firstly, PLEASE don't over-train your body with exercise!
    I know more sound like better, but the secret to exercise is your REST days! =p Shocking I know.
    Stick to cardio 3 times a week and weight training 2 times a week, that is all you need to see results I promise!
    Be kind to your body, let it rest and you will probably feel less anxious and therefore cheat less on your eating plan!
    What helps me a lot to not cheat is to have a "cheat meal" once a week ( I eat any meal I want plus dessert) AND a "cheat food" ONCE A DAY! Lol I know it sounds like a lot, but this helps me a lot, just remember you only need a couple of bites of your fav cheat foods to release those feel good chemicals! =] (For me, that's two squares of yummy vegan chocolate!)
    Good luck and feel free to add me, I'm more than happy to offer daily support!
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Your egg white omelette looks amazing! Going to have to try it. Just keep on keeping on. Check out other peoples diaries and see whats working for them. Portion your snacks into baggies so you can snack without overdoing it. TAKE LUNCH TO WORK!!! And pre plan your day so you're not left wondering what to eat. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! The hardest thing for me was working so hard and avoiding temptation and not seeing results right away.. I'm very impatient. But as long as you keep at it, the pounds come off. The first couple weeks are the hardest. The most important thing I'd say is drink tons of water!
  • DraoMhaigh
    DraoMhaigh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the first 2 weeks being hardest!
  • Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Options
    I would suggest a project or a goal for your weight loss. For example, I did the C25K with the aim of running a 5k. Now I run that distance three times a week.

In the near future I want to take up a martial art, and I also go hiking quite a bit in the country. In fact, I have changed my entire attitude towards exercise now, that it allows me to do all these really fun things that I probably would not have considered at the beginning of the year.
  • sarahjuneblanke
    sarahjuneblanke Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far!
    I have another 50 lbs to lose myself so we're in the same boat!
    Okay firstly, PLEASE don't over-train your body with exercise!
    I know more sound like better, but the secret to exercise is your REST days! =p Shocking I know.
    Stick to cardio 3 times a week and weight training 2 times a week, that is all you need to see results I promise!
    Be kind to your body, let it rest and you will probably feel less anxious and therefore cheat less on your eating plan!
    What helps me a lot to not cheat is to have a "cheat meal" once a week ( I eat any meal I want plus dessert) AND a "cheat food" ONCE A DAY! Lol I know it sounds like a lot, but this helps me a lot, just remember you only need a couple of bites of your fav cheat foods to release those feel good chemicals! =] (For me, that's two squares of yummy vegan chocolate!)
    Good luck and feel free to add me, I'm more than happy to offer daily support!

I guess thats what i mean by cheating =P but ya portion control for me is harrrrdddd. i usually want to eat the whole bag of munchiees!!! haha. I do cardio every day and usually train a different muscle everyday
  • sarahjuneblanke
    Options
    Your egg white omelette looks amazing! Going to have to try it. Just keep on keeping on. Check out other peoples diaries and see whats working for them. Portion your snacks into baggies so you can snack without overdoing it. TAKE LUNCH TO WORK!!! And pre plan your day so you're not left wondering what to eat. YOU CAN DO IT!!

thanks!! its delicous annd nutritious =) and considerably low in calorie. yes , the dreaded portion control.... lol!
    that would be great if i worked, im still looking for a job =( and my art business is not getting any business right now /sigh
  • sarahjuneblanke
    Options
    Keep at it! The hardest thing for me was working so hard and avoiding temptation and not seeing results right away.. I'm very impatient. But as long as you keep at it, the pounds come off. The first couple weeks are the hardest. The most important thing I'd say is drink tons of water!
    avoiding temptation is very hard!
    im very impatient too!! ya i definately need to work on the drinking water thing. im on day 21
  • sarahjuneblanke
    Options
    I would suggest a project or a goal for your weight loss. For example, I did the C25K with the aim of running a 5k. Now I run that distance three times a week.

In the near future I want to take up a martial art, and I also go hiking quite a bit in the country. In fact, I have changed my entire attitude towards exercise now, that it allows me to do all these really fun things that I probably would not have considered at the beginning of the year.

cool =) ya i want to be able to run 3 miles without stopping once. me and my sister are training for it. I think i got a really good plan,
    its just being motivated to follow through thats getting me,

whats amazing for motivation?
  • emg9
    emg9 Posts: 112
    Options
    try the 30 day shred dvd! it's excellent. the lady leading it makes intense weight training bearable by chopping it up and mixing it in with cardio. i'm seeing quick changes in my body already.
  • samarsiglio
    Options
    Hello all, i am semi new to this and i have already lost 12 pounds but i still have 50 pounds to go. I was doing real well and then i got discouraged. I also am impatient for results. Ive heard lots of water, daily workout routine, premake all food for the week and eats lots of fruits and veggies. Im jus looking for some motivation and support.

Thanks and i will definetely do the same.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Motivation:
    I can't describe how much better you will feel, but it is true. You will feel better, look better, sleep better, men will look at you differently, random people like checkers at the grocery store or the UPS guy will compliment you. You life will change!

the good new is, it really is simple, it just takes time.

Here is what I've found works for me:

What to eat:
    Lean protean
    Veggies & Greens - this is your all you can eat food - no limits of veggies (best if raw)
    Fruit
    Any calories remaining can be spent on whole grains.

Experiment, find good food you like. If you keep at it, you will reprogram your brain and your preferences will change. you will prefer good food.

Exercise
    Start slow and build into it. Too many people start to fast get sore and quit. Start with walks, overtime pick up the pace. When ready jog a block and walk a block alternating. Join a gym you are comfortable at and lift free weights (not machines). Gyms also have great low impact cardio machines. vary the workout don;t let your body get used to any one routine (I walk, bike, stairmaster, lift). Rest 1 or 2 days a week.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss so far. I'm currently 56 lbs from my goal. Add me if you'd like! I'm on every day. :)