My first NSV

Options
Lee716
Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share my first NSV. It's not a big victory compared to others, but it really means a lot to me. Usually I do my best to pre plan my meals because I feel as if I have better success that way. However, no matter how often I plan, it usually doesn't go that way which is life I guess. My biggest temptaion is when I'm fixing dinner for my 5 year old son, talk about really testing. :tongue: Usually I can't resist a bite of a chicken nugget or a couple of fries. NOT TONIGHT THOUGH! Tonight for dinner is pepperoni pizza, yum! For the first time in forever, I did not give into the tempation of sneaking a bite or two which ends up into me polishing off one or two slices. I resisted, I persevered. And guess what? The world didn't end and I feel so much stronger. I can do this! I can reach my goal weight! Yes, it does take concious effort, but the satisfaction almost tastes as good. :happy:

Kinda wordy, but thanks for reading. Good luck to everyone with their own personal goals and struggles.

Replies

• Jenyphur
    Jenyphur Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know to some this might not be a big deal, but to me this is HUGE. Good for you! Now you know you can really do it. :) Stay strong.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    That's awesome!! Losing weight is as much about strengthening your willpower as it is your body, haha!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! NSVs are the greatest, resisting temptation is a great victory !!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good job! When my kids were younger I would do the same thing. Its a hard habit to break. You are on your way!!!
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids - but I do this when I'm baking or when my family's having something unhealthy and I've decided to eat something else. It is SUCH a hard habit to break so congrats! :smile:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :drinker:
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys. This is exactly what I love so much about MFP, the people here are so wonderful and supportive. Lol, not to mention quick with the responses.
  • Anappy
    Anappy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feeling yourself getting stronger with resolve and will power is awesome... Keep it up !!!:flowerforyou:
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have three kids of my own and one of the factors of my weight gain was my propensity to clean my kids' plates. It does take will power and you certainly passed the test. You're well on your way now! :wink:
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    It IS a big deal!! And Damn, it really is hard not sneaking a bite of the kid's yummy foods (I have that problem when I cook for my siblings!) So kudos!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great job. Those BLTs (bites, licks and tastes) can drag us into the mire of all out eating. Doesn't it feel good to have control instead of feeling like the eating is controlling you?
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is awesome - you totally rocked that willpower!
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    That's awesome. I finished the last of my son's grits tonight. And some of his veggies. Because both my husband and I are trying to eat better, so are the kids. There's no reason a 5-year-old can't eat salmon, steamed veggies, and complex carbohydrates (yeah, I kinda failed with the grits tonight). But even when it's healthy, all those little things add up. And I hate hate hate throwing food away. I don't know why - probably some repressed memory somewhere. But it makes it torture for me to clean up the table after dinner. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. So to me, this is a HUGE accomplishment and you have EVERY RIGHT to be proud of yourself. Way to go!!!!!!!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    awesome, good for you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!