Getting used to running - ran 1.5 miles today!

Options
2»

Replies

• Sassy9411
    Sassy9411 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! My friend and I have decided to run (or jog) a 5K in September! So I'm totally trying that app for training! And you know 1.5 miles is a lot! Especially for someone who isn't an avid runner so that is fantastic! Great job!
  • davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Saw that you made it to 2 miles. Thats great! Its great motivation to sign up for something...it forces you to keep at it!

I was never a runner, and when I started last year....I couldnt run down the street without having to stop. (And we have some serious hills in our neighborhood, too). But with persistence, I got it down and now I love it. Hubby and I did a 5k, and a 5 mile this year. We'd signed up for a 10k but due to a scheduling conflict, couldnt make it...but I'd gotten to where I could run 6-7 miles at a time. Ive taken a few months off to do the Insanity program and when I got out to jog the other day, it was all I could do to make it two miles. How quickly we lose endurance if we dont keep it up! We plan on signing up for a half marathon in November. We've got some training to do, but Im ready!!

Congrats to you for building up stamina...and good luck with your upcoming race!!
  • LavaRoushFiveOh
    LavaRoushFiveOh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thats great. I am up to about 3/4ths mile before I start to die. Running is something that is extremely hard for me. I can do the elliptical machine for hours. I can bike for hours. But I cannot run worth a crap.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! We all have to start somewhere! Good luck!
  • vapreppy
    vapreppy Posts: 5
    Options
    atta boy! Keep it up. you will be amazed by what the body can accomplish. I am a Tampa resident:) Running in the summer here can be brutal.
  • Yoshimi1977
    Yoshimi1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I want to be a runner SO BAAAAD!!!:explode: I am also just into the 3rd week of the Couch-to-5K program using a podcast by a guy named Robert found here - http://www.c25k.com/podcasts.htm - I like it and it's working really well. At the end of each week I find myself wanting to keep running after he says stop. It's encouraging!
    Great job yourself! 2 miles is fantastic!
    I'm in Orlando too and I heard there's a 5K here in August but I don't know much about it (and not really excited about running outdoors in Florida...in August...in the HOT)
    Best of luck!
  • smileyng
    smileyng Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I've always been afraid of running and am really considering the c25k. Keep us posted with your progress!
  • QueenB985
    QueenB985 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    WTG! I'm on week 4 of the C25K program so I totally get how big of a deal running 1.5 miles without stopping is! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!