Hi new to MFP!

Options
Hi so I'm new here cause I'm trying something different. I had no idea what MFP was until someone posted about it on facebook, you know where you learn everything these days! Anyway after some research and site comparing I have decided to give this a try. I seem to do ok for a week or so on my own then totally fail. I'm hoping the fact that I can log here or my phone will help me keep better track of what I eat and and will be able to find and give support. Thanks. :-)

Replies

• tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Take time each day to explore the site; it has a lot to offer in the way of support and tools! Best of luck to you!
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site, with its' great database makes calorie counting so easy!
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi! MFP has helped me so much! I get the much needed support and motivation from all of my friends here! Fell free to add me if you like. That goes for any on here...
  • metalgirl4
    metalgirl4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi! I too have never stuck to anything in my life. I'm somewhere between 40 and 45 days on here - down 12lbs - and I even get cranky if I can't work out now! We can motivate each other - if I can do it - anyone can! I still have about 100lbs to go - but I gotta do it. Feel free to add if you'd like.
  • angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    First of all great job for taking a step toward a healthier you, there is a great support system here and i think its a great site, i have the app on my iphone and use it more than i do the computer, i find it better for me since i always have my iphone plus i have great elliptical and treadmill workouts on there. I always say this is a lifestyle change for me not a diet because i want to lose weight but i wanna do it healthy and know that whatever way i choose it's something i can continue for the rest of my life. if you can only do something for a short period of time then you will end up back where you started, right now i have lost 32 pounds and i allow myself days where i eat whatever i want because i know i eat healthy all week and exercise and i deserve a reward. i also find if i feel like i am getting bored i may take a week off or change up my exercises, i have lost 32 pounds the healthy way, it's been about 5 pounds a month. so stick with it girl
  • TheMolloy
    TheMolloy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mate ... MFP is amazing ...

The support network is just top notch ... its great to get that "boost" from others when you smash through some exercise or have a good eating day !!!

Do feel free to add :)