Question about cholesterol

Options
I'm only 21 and besides my weight, I'm pretty healthy. But cholesterol problems are prominent on both sides of my family, so I thought I'd start keeping an eye on it early and set my diary to keep track of it. The only time I ever go over is if I happen to eat eggs (which is not very often at all). Other than that, I stay significantly under my daily allowance.

But should I even be concerned about cholesterol right now? Or is it more of a "later in life" kind of thing?

Replies

• fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It is likely to be a later in life impact but by being healthy now, it's one you can reduce the risks of.

Cholesterol isn't the main cause of cholesterol, it's saturated fats you should be careful with.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Actually you don't need to worry about saturated fats or cholesterol a whole lot. Neither is bad for you and neither really contributes to the level of cholesterol in your blood. The most important thing you can do for yourself right now is lose weight and start exercising (if you don't already).
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    Good to know! I wasn't too concerned since I hardly ever go over, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thank you guys!!