P90X Before and Afters?

Options
Just got P90X and so excited to transform my body! Wanted to see before/afters for inspiration! So share away :)

Replies

• CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options
    I am interested in seeing some B & As too :) I am starting P90x next week.
  • CatSummer
    CatSummer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Well done on deciding to do p90x... Great decision!!! Here are my pictures. I started at 143 lbs and ended p90x at 114 lbs.
    90 DAYS... HARD WORK, BUT WORTH EVERY SECOND!!!! :)

7651044406_da7209fe6e.jpg
    P90X 60 Days by Justin&Catherine, on Flickr

Here I am now at 114 lbs after 90 days...

7651069866_1bcec870fe.jpg
    DSC00616 by Justin&Catherine, on Flickr

FEELING VERY HAPPY :)

7651086188_306a577cd3.jpg
    DSC01539 by Justin&Catherine, on Flickr

This is a really great workout program. I ran 4 times a week too, so I think that helped.
    I didn't follow the eating plan because I was living in Rural China and found it hard to find the right foods, so I just ate as healthy and balanced as I could. Roughly 1200-1500 calories per day.

Best of luck for your transformation!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options

Well done on deciding to do p90x... Great decision!!! Here are my pictures. I started at 143 lbs and ended p90x at 114 lbs.

This is a really great workout program. I ran 4 times a week too, so I think that helped.
    I didn't follow the eating plan because I was living in Rural China and found it hard to find the right foods, so I just ate as healthy and balanced as I could. Roughly 1200-1500 calories per day.

WOW!!!! You look absolutely amazing!!!
  • parkermegan
    parkermegan Posts: 167
    Options
    AWESOME results!!!
  • Mima79
    Mima79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

a lot of people told me not to buy it because is really intense and since im obese it will be impossible for me to go thru it :sad:
    in scale one to ten how hard do you personally think it is? you look great and Im working to get a body just like that one step at the time :wink:
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    you look so amazing Cat!

I was hoping to get results like yours, but I see you also ran so I think that was a bigger factor, I only lost 8 lbs. :frown:
    Currently in my second phase of round 2.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

a lot of people told me not to buy it because is really intense and since im obese it will be impossible for me to go thru it :sad:
    in scale one to ten how hard do you personally think it is? you look great and Im working to get a body just like that one step at the time :wink:

I'm not obese and I am scared to try it... I'm going to start with Power 90 and hope I'll be ready for p90x.
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am a before and during. I just finished Day 30 and have been enjoying it, but think I need to layer some additional cardio on top (or quit drinking so much wine). I have only lost 1 lb - but am starting to see more definition in my arms and back. My bum isn't where I want it to be but think overall it looks smoother and a smudge less droopy. :laugh: I am used to doing more intense cardio and heavier weights but love that I can do p90x at home and that it is something different every day.

I am going to stick it out the 90 days and see what happens.

p90xduringfront.jpg

P90xduringback.jpg
  • AwesomePossum82
    Options
    Great pics :). Awesome job.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

Yup. Definitely getting it soon.
  • bullet1
    bullet1 Posts: 61
    Options

P90X is quite difficult. But for most of the programs, they are only as difficult as you make it. A lot of the routines in P90X can be modified to accommodate any person. Pullups can be done with bands, pushups can be done on your knees, everything (nearly) is modifiable to accommodate you. If you push yourself, it is a crazy hard program. You will be sore, you will want to quit but if you push through it, it is very worth it. The normal programs are:

Phase 1:
    Chest & Back - This routine is mostly pushups and pullups with a few dumbell back exercises mixed in. Pushups can be modified to be on your knees and pullups can be done with bands. You will need free weights/dumbells for P90X so definitely pick up some before you start.

Plyometrics - This is Jump Training. This is going to be a challenging workout for someone that is not in decent shape to start with. But here again, instead of jumping, you can modify and step through the jump and not got quite as deep in the lunges and such. Or, you can replace Plyo with Cardio X which is a little less intense and less high impact.

Shoulders & Arms - What I deem as the easiest of all the P90X workouts, basically all weight training and if you use the right weight for you, it shouldn't be too terrible.

Yoga - This is a very challenging workout. The first 45 minutes are killer if you do everything the way they do it in the video. But here again, you can adjust how you go into your lunges and how long you hold the moves. It is an hour and a half though, so it is a big time commitment.

Legs & Back - Killer workout. Lunges till your legs fall off, wall sits, squats, etc. Back is basically all pullups. Modify the lunges and wall sits and use bands and it should be a managable workout.

Kenpo X - Kickboxing. Should be doable for about anyone.

"Rest" week:
    Yoga Twice
    Kenpo X Once
    Core Cynergistics - Workout designed to build up your core. Very hard workout and it will tire you out.
    X Stretch - Hour worth of stretching, good to increase your flexibility.

Phase 2 (Month 2): Plyo / Yoga / Kenpo stay the same
    Chest Shoulders & Triceps - Substitute for Chest & Back. Lots of pushups, the rest is weight training with dumbells. Use the right weight and you should be ok.

Back & Biceps - Just as it sounds. Pullups, and a bunch of dumbell training, as well as every type of curl you can imagine.

Legs & Back stays the same as well.

"Rest" week again.

Phase 3 is Phase 1 again.

Hope this helps a bit. If you push yourself it is an amazing 90 Day workout routine. But you need to stick with it. Do the Yoga, it is an amazing workout and as Tony will say, it is a crucial part of the program. It isn't designed as a weight loss program, but if you watch your diet and eat right, you can lose weight. You will need to eat though, don't be afraid to eat your workout calories because these workouts burn a lot of them.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I am a before and during. I just finished Day 30 and have been enjoying it, but think I need to layer some additional cardio on top (or quit drinking so much wine). I have only lost 1 lb - but am starting to see more definition in my arms and back. My bum isn't where I want it to be but think overall it looks smoother and a smudge less droopy. :laugh: I am used to doing more intense cardio and heavier weights but love that I can do p90x at home and that it is something different every day.

p90xduringfront.jpg

P90xduringback.jpg

You can totally tell in your butt and your waist (especially from behind). And it's only day 30!
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was always scared P90X would make me bulky but these results are amazing. Definitely going to try it after I do 30 Day Shred.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you started this thread OP! My goal is to do P90X someday. As things are now I just don't have time!!! Fitting in a 30 minute workout is hard enough... but one day!!!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am a beachbody coach and I started out with P90X and this post makes me wanna go back and do it again! Good job guys!!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

p90xduringfront.jpg

P90xduringback.jpg

You don't really look like you need to lose. Looks like you gained some BEAUTIFUL muscle! I see some serious definition in your quads! Everything looks tight and lifted. Good job!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I don't have anything recent but you can see some of my transformation from last year. Light gray shorts is before.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

p90xduringfront.jpg

P90xduringback.jpg

Wow, your butt looks awesome!!!
  • ivelisse87
    ivelisse87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!